We have just returned home having had a fabulous Christmas break! We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay (4th year) and the hospitality surpassed all our expectations. As soon as we arrived at reception the staff made us feel like we’d ‘come home’. Super ladies.
Our rooms were beautifully presented with amazing Lake views, and we have all hung our framed ‘Low Wood’ pictures up in our prospective houses. What a lovely Christmas present - thank you.
The food was outstanding – each and every course at each and every meal was wonderful. Always hot and served with plenty of smiles. The youngest member of our party, Sean, is normally an extremely fussy eater but not in your restaurants – he ate everything that was put in front of him! Amazing!
We have tried other Hotels offering Christmas packages and none come anywhere close to the standards of the Low Wood. Whether you are 6months old or 76 years old, this is the place to be at Christmas - everybody totally catered for, looked after, and you can't fail to have your best christmas ever!! We'll be going back this year 2009 - no need to go anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Superbreak UK, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District