Just spent a lovely weekend at Low Wood. Easy to book, fantastic helpful reception staff. We were given a superb room over looking Lake Winderemere. The bed was huge and comfortable on a quiet corridor in the leisure centre building.
The gym is well equipped and wasn't busy - plenty of room unlike a lot of hotel gyms.
We had a delicious meal in the hotel bar - the bar staff were attentive and friendly.
A great way to end the evening is with a walk along the marina - walk to the end of the jetty and watch the bats fly round and enjoy the moon light on the lake.
As with all the food at the hotel breakfast was tasty and plentiful.
Reasonable check out time - 11am unlike most hotels who want you out as soon as you've had breakfast. We were able to sit in the bar and read the papers with a cup of coffee before we walked into Ambleside for a stroll around the shops.
Highly recommended - as are all the hotels owned by this company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District