We stayed here for one night and I have to say it was lovely. We got there early before 12noon and was able to check in, we had a nice room overlooking the front. Great facilities and a beautiful resturant where the food is fab.
Quite a busy main road right outside the front which can be a little tricky to cross in the height of the season.
The only down side if you like your tv they don't have sky tv and if it's warm like it was there is only a fan to cool you down, but the views of the scenery and the overall hotel far make up for this. Definately stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District