Just got back from our two night stay in the Low Wood in a classic room and we had an excellent stay. The room was very large and had a very comfy bed and a very clean and modern bathroom area with a great view of Lake Windermere. The breakfast was very good. On our first night the temperature was minus 3 however we used the Low Woods outdoor hot-tub which kept us lovely and warm.
We originally had a 1st floor lakeview room however we preferred to be a bit higher up and the reception staff were quick to sort this out for us.
The Low wood is around an £8.50 tax fare when we used it to Bowness and it is only a short walk to Ambleside.
Would recommed the Low Wood and would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, LateRooms, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District