I booked a 3 night stay during Valentines, the whole weekend was a surprise for my partner and for me too, we arrived late on Friday and got checked in promptly, the room was very clean and had all the amenities, getting too the room was a bit difficult because it was at the end of the hotel (which we would find later was an advantage) especially with many bags.
Next morning we attended breakfast at the hotel which was lovely, it was the first time we got to see the restaurant area which was very nicely decorated and also got to see the amazing view outside, location wise you cant get any better than this, it really is that good and definitely worth paying extra for a lake view room.
We also had dinner at the restaurant that night which was wonderful, massive compliments to the chef, the food was divine and the service was very friendly and professional and afterwards we had a nice walk by the lake, it topped of a lovely romantic evening.
We used some of the hotels facilities, the pool was great and the out door jacuzzi was fantastic.
The only small note i would make is that the room we stayed in didn't have a small fridge so any drinks we bought got warm very quickly, that's the only small note on an otherwise perfect weekend, amazing location, wonderful food at the restaurant, great friendly service, thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District