“A good surprise day out”

Sailing On Windermere
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest & most luxurious yachts you can hire on Lake Windermere, helping you to get away from the crowds and experience sailing on an ocean-going yacht. We are a family-run company and arrange bespoke Private Charters & Shared Sailing Experiences - "Why Knot Wednesday!" with Cream Tea or Lunch.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking
Lancashire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A good surprise day out”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I booked this trip for my boyfriend as a surprise. It was a belated birthday celebration and a happy new baby celebration. Being one of the first times out together after having our baby I wanted to do something special. The lakes are special to us and he loves going on the 6 mph motorboats so this was a step up! Lawrence was very helpful In planning all the trip, it wasn't a problem when we had to change the date. The day was lovely despite the weather not being fantastic. We both got to learn how to sail a boat, whilst enjoying a luxury champagne trip and we also learnt a lot about the area thanks to the lovely booklet that Lawrence's wife had put together. Would definitely recommend for a unique and enjoyable hassle free day out.

Visited January 2013
Sailing385, Manager at Sailing On Windermere, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your Champagne Cruise and learning to sail on Windermere. We look forward to seeing you again.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I had a champagne picnic lunch on 15/10/13. It was fantastic and I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Lawrence, our skipper, was warm and welcoming. We had originally booked to do this on 16/10/13 but Lawrence had the foresight to contact us to see if we wanted to bring it forward or put it back by a day because the weather forecast for the 16th wasn't great (it rained all day). I'm glad we were able to do so because we were able to sit out on deck and enjoy the delicious food which Lawrence prepared. This consisted of sandwiches, quiche, sausage rolls, salad, and duck wraps. Sipping champagne and enjoying a picnic whilst anchored in a secluded bay in Lake Windermere isn't something you do everyday, and it was a great treat. Lawrence also let us help sail his beautiful yacht which was good fun.

If you get chance to do this, then do it. It's fantastic.

Visited October 2013
Sailing385, Manager at Sailing On Windermere, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are really glad that we could change the date for you, to maximise the weather. We hope to see you both again when you next visit the Lakes.
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surprise 21st Birthday Sail”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

What a fantastic day. I contacted Lawrence and Lynda to arrange a surprise sail for my brothers 21st Birthday. It was such a great experience for my whole family including two children. From the minute I made the enquiry nothing was too much for Lawrence and Lynda. They accommodated all 10 of us and decorated the boat just as I had asked with balloons and banners etc. Despite the rainy weather the sail was beautiful and we even took fish and chips on board to eat whilst sailing. On behalf of me and my family we would like to say thank you to Lawrence for making our experience a memorable one. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to make an occasion extra special.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are really glad that your brother enjoyed his 21st birthday sail! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend celebrations in Windermere.
brighouse
“Absolutely fantastic hen do!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I contacted Lawrence at Impulse Charters to arrange my best friends hen party in Windemere and was contacted back straight away. Right from the initial enquiry through to the delivery of a fantastic afternoons sailing Lawrence and Linda were brilliant! They were all too happy to accommodate my specific requests to give the experience the personal touch I wanted and we were met with friendliness and warmth. Both were great hosts and we had a lovely lunch out on the lake - nothing was too much effort!

We were able to sail the yacht ourselves, which admittedly was best left to the professionals but it was just amazing! I cannot recommend Impulse Charters enough for any event and I will most definitely be in touch with them to arrange another event!!!

Lawrence and Linda - THANK YOU!

Laura in Brighouse

Visited October 2013
Sailing385, Manager at Sailing On Windermere, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Many thanks for your review Laura! It was really lovely meeting you all and we are really pleased that the hen day surprise worked out for you. We wish Jenny all the best for her wedding day and we look forward to seeing you again!
County Durham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful 40th birthday treat”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

What a marvellous day! Thank you so much for sharing your special yacht and expertise with us. We absolutely loved sailing her and the surroundings were just beautiful. Your warm hospitality was most welcomed and also loved learning about the nature of sailing, certainly wet our appetite. A truly memorable experience for all of us and highly recommend anyone who fancies a sailing trip to go with yourself. Brilliant !!

Claire, Katrina & Katherine - Sailing experience with Afternoon Tea

1 Thank SkipsCountyDurham
Sailing385, Manager at Sailing On Windermere, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
We are really pleased that it was a good 40th birthday surprise and that the weather held out for you! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Windermere!