It is impossible to find anything negative to say about lovely Laurel Cottage apart from the feeling of dismay at having to leave it. Alison and Wayne welcome you like old friends and make you feel completely at home as soon as you walk through the door. Room 5 at the top is spacious and has a lovely view over the park while the window in the bathroom (with locally-sourced, eco-friendly Pure Lakes products - brilliant touch) allows the soothing sound of the gushing stream adjacent to the house to calm your senses and relax your mind. The room also has a fabulous new bed so you can snuggle down and drift off in supreme comfort. Breakfast is quite something: perfectly poached eggs, delicious fresh fruit, local preserves, Alison's homemade cake (wow, wow, WOW!) and the pièce de resistance.....Alison's utterly sensational vegetarian sausages (don't even think about asking for the recipe - it's a state secret!) Put it this way, I don't think Wayne will be divorcing her anytime soon! If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, friendly, welcoming oasis of TLC in a charming street close to the centre of the village, this is it. And if you are thinking of running a B&B yourself, go and stay here for the weekend first just to see how to do it properly. This kind of faultless service and attention to customer care puts many a hotel, guest house and B&B to shame. First class in every way and a superb example to visitors of the very best of British hospitality. I can't wait to to return. A++++++++
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please consider contacting us direct for possible discounts. Laurel Cottage offers you a warm & friendly welcome to this beautiful Victorian guest house built in the 1890s from local stone which has been sympathetically renovated & modernised for your comfort, yet has retained all its character & original features. It is peacefully situated just three minutes' walk from Windermere village centre & all its amenities. There are 5 comfortable en-suite rooms with TV, DVD and WiFi access. There is a guest fridge on the top floor for drink and food. WE DO ACCEPT DOGS IN ROOMS 1 and 2. Please contact us re your pets before booking, thank you. CONTACT US DIRECT should you wish to book or want to know any offers or further information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Laurel Cottage Windermere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laurel Cottage Windermere Hotel Windermere
- Laurel Cottage Windermere Lake District