Really nice place, very well maintained and presented. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable, from the manage to the cleaner (thank you for the extra pillows!) Bathroom was a particular highlight, fantastic water pressure! Food was great and lots of nice little touches throughout.
However... We did feel slightly let down by the four poster bed. It lacked any any sort of 'grandeur' and was basically just a frame that blocked the view of the TV!, unlike the pictures we'd seen. Slightly disappointing, but overall a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Willowsmere is a grand Victorian residence built in c1850 from traditional Lakeland stone. All bedrooms are en-suite with either bath and/or shower facilities. All are double glazed, centrally heated and come complete with flat screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, hair driers, radio alarm clocks, free WiFi, fluffy towels and superior toiletries. They have views either to the front toward Orrest Head viewpoint or to the rear over looking the award-winning garden.The Willowsmere has two guest lounges and a private garden where guests may enjoy a drink from the honesty bar or from the growing malt whisky selection. Full English breakfast is included and there is an additional buffet style breakfast too. The guest house has free WiFi, ample off street parking and all guests have complimentary access to nearby leisure facilities less than 5 minutes walk away with indoor swimming pool, sauna and solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Willowsmere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Willowsmere Hotel Windermere
- The Willowsmere Windermere, Lake District