Visited Windermere for the first time and stayed at the Howbeck after reading great reviews here on tripadvisor, I must say we could not fault the Howbeck. When we got there we felt like we wanted a little more comfort so we upgraded to The Retreat, and what a treat it was. It has its own private entrance, lovely decorated room and a spa bathroom to die for. The breakfast is brought to you in a morning time to suit you which is excellent and sets you up for the day. All in all we had a great two days at the Howbeck and in Winderemere which is a lovely place, lots to do and great for a relaxing break. Well done to the Howbeck for a great stay, we willbe returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury AA Rated 5 star highly recommended, recently fully refurbished guest house just 2 mins walk from Windermere centre. A member of the "Best loved hotels of the world" all rooms have fantastic en-suites some with jacuzzis & massage showers. We have 1 luxury suite with private entrance and patio, double jacuzzi air bath, mood lighting, 2 tv's etc. If you are looking for somewhere special you will not find better in Windermere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your The Howbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howbeck Hotel Windermere
- The Howbeck Windermere, Lake District