Check in 2.30pm and given choice of menu for evening meal and breakfast,( thus ensuring fresh produce, prompt service and less waste for hotel.)
Perfect, professional yet friendly welcome by Jess.
All public areas nice, clean and modern.
We stayed in the Kilnhow room, lovely clean, compact room with everything you needed. Great Shower. We chose the 'romance package' and received fairy lights on bed, chocs and bottle of wine, a nice touch.
Hotel itself is ideally located, close to shops and cafes, and the Lakeland shop which is next to train station. Short car ride to the lake or if you are feeling energetic you could walk it!.
Evening meal was delicious, hubby had soup, I had fish cake for starter, followed by minted lamb and veg, finished with cheesecake, served by a nice dark haired girl, the courses came as quick or as slow as you wished. Breakfast the next morning was also lovely, with a choice of cereal, bread, toast, and option of cooked breakfast, all perfectly cooked.
Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury AA Rated 5 star highly recommended, recently fully refurbished guest house just 2 mins walk from Windermere centre. A member of the "Best loved hotels of the world" all rooms have fantastic en-suites some with jacuzzis & massage showers. We have 1 luxury suite with private entrance and patio, double jacuzzi air bath, mood lighting, 2 tv's etc. If you are looking for somewhere special you will not find better in Windermere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your The Howbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howbeck Hotel Windermere
- The Howbeck Windermere, Lake District