Just returned after a two night stay at the hotel. Our first impression was that the hotel was well presented, clean and the staff friendly. We decided to use the restaurant on the first night and booked a table at reception. The food was good although the soup was very salty. The breakfasts were excellent. Our bedroom and beds were fine as was the ensuit. Like other reviewers we found noise from the plumbing in adjoining bedrooms quite disturbing and the extractor in the shower room very noisy. On the downside we found staff dificult to find on occassions at reception, at the bar and also awaiting entry to the restaurant. The bar area also lacks character, a nice open fire would help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District