I had gone to Glenburn with my wife and daughter and stayed there for 3 nights. Glenburn is fantastically placed between the city of Windermere and Bowness. , this makes it a very convenient spot to either go towards the lake or towards the city center.
The hotel is a beautiful place to stay, don't expect a lavish place, but it is a very cosy and comfortable space, It is clearly seen that the idea of the owners to give the best of service to the customer, has percolated down to the staff also. The staff is limited, but very cheerful and always ready to help. In fact the day we were to check out, the staff took an extra effort to open the kitchen early and give us the breakfast.
The owners are also very friendly and always eager to help. The rooms are nice and comfortable, We stayed in room no 14 and it was a real good experience. The breakfast is good and has a decent variety to offer.
The hotel provides free WiFi, but the range is not very strong, in some ways it is good, as it allows you to enjoy the beauty of the place. If you ask me, then Glenburn is the place to stay in Windermere at a value for money cost and some really amazing staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District