My husband, 3 children (15,13 and 5) and I stayed in river cottage for the weekend of 10/5/13 to celebrate my 40th birthday. This delightful cottage in the grounds of the hotel was perfect for us. Just a very short stroll to the main hotel allows easy access for meal/bar etc. I can not fault the service - they were very friendly, welcoming and always hardworking!! Some friends also stayed in the hotel and agree that this is a lovely place to stay and I can't believe anyone would say different! The location is perfect for a stroll to Bowness or Windermere, ample parking too. The food was lovely and well priced with a good selection. The use of the local country club passes if definetly worth exploring too. We have stayed in many different places in Bowness and will most definetly be returning! Thankyou Glenburn staff!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District