Booked a 2 night break in a double room ( room 3 ) with 4 poster bed and spa bath.
First night could not sleep due to noise from room above ours, creaking floorboards and a lack of sound insulation meant that a baby crying and the parents obviously trying to pacify it by walking around the room. Early next morning further disturbance from below our room, which turned out to be the hotel kitchen, very loud banging and singing coming through the floor.
The main problem surfaced on Saturday night when I used the spa bath with bubble bath in and went to bed afterwards as the soapy water was still draining from the bath.
What greeted me on Sunday morning was the bottom of the bath covered with a film of dirt, grime, hair and dead insects, which had obviously come from the jets of the spa bath the previous night.
I immediately brought his to the attention of the receptionist and asked for the manager or duty manager to be informed, only to be told that she would deal with it as the owner was cooking breakfasts.
She looked and apologised, until I insisted on the owner being called and inspecting the bath himself.
I had to wait around an hour, until the manager was free and when he eventually looked himself, agreed that this was not good and would offer me a discount. I made him aware that I thought there was potential health risks involved and he neither agreed or disagreed.
I received a minimal discount, even though we had no use of the shower or bath before checking out and our homeward journey was delayed by over an hour.
I was thoroughly appalled by the owners attitude to what was, in my opinion, a breach of health and safety regulations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District