The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Windermere Hydro Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewslamb shankrecommend this hotellovely hotelfour poster bedevening mealfamily roomweekend breakenjoyed our stayon arrivalowners and stafftop floorbreakfast was excellentcooked to perfectionpleasant stayfull englishbooked this hotelhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed for the weekend, 10 & 11May. A very friendly and clean hotel situated in an ideal location for exploring the lake district. The room was warm and comfortable. Breakfast was very filling and tasty with plenty of choice, the evening meal was also of excellent quality. Definitely considering staying there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathanandmichelle
glenglen, Owner at The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your review always nice to see guests returning for a second visit. The weather was so nice for you too. Look forward to seeing you both next time.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights on 18 & 19 May. Staff - very friendly and helpful. Had dinner on the 1st night which was very good. Breakfasts are very good with a choice. Rooms are comfortable but our bathroom was small. Will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Seem like you thoroughly enjoyed your Stay at The Glenburn. Thank you for a super review and hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights for a relaxing break.

Had an issue with a window opening and wouldn't close, informed reception next morning and no issue with switching rooms. Great location, 5 mins walk from Windermere town and 10 mins to Bowness.

Plenty of parking and wifi and decent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and apologies about the window. All fixed now hope it didn't trouble you too much. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Booked a 2 night break in a double room ( room 3 ) with 4 poster bed and spa bath.
First night could not sleep due to noise from room above ours, creaking floorboards and a lack of sound insulation meant that a baby crying and the parents obviously trying to pacify it by walking around the room. Early next morning further disturbance from below our room, which turned out to be the hotel kitchen, very loud banging and singing coming through the floor.
The main problem surfaced on Saturday night when I used the spa bath with bubble bath in and went to bed afterwards as the soapy water was still draining from the bath.
What greeted me on Sunday morning was the bottom of the bath covered with a film of dirt, grime, hair and dead insects, which had obviously come from the jets of the spa bath the previous night.
I immediately brought his to the attention of the receptionist and asked for the manager or duty manager to be informed, only to be told that she would deal with it as the owner was cooking breakfasts.
She looked and apologised, until I insisted on the owner being called and inspecting the bath himself.
I had to wait around an hour, until the manager was free and when he eventually looked himself, agreed that this was not good and would offer me a discount. I made him aware that I thought there was potential health risks involved and he neither agreed or disagreed.
I received a minimal discount, even though we had no use of the shower or bath before checking out and our homeward journey was delayed by over an hour.
I was thoroughly appalled by the owners attitude to what was, in my opinion, a breach of health and safety regulations.

• Stayed: May 2014
glenglen, Owner at The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Oh dear think a little over reaction here... but I will answer this with pleasure as the guests informed me they were going to do this. Noise from other guests in the rooms is out of my control especially a baby crying during the night and noise from the kitchen definitely not as my husband was breakfast chef at the weekend and he does have consideration for the guests and definitely does not sing. My husband being chef explains why he could not come and deal with the problem straight away as he had another 30 guests waiting for breakfast. I believe the receptionist explained this politely. There was no hair dead insects or anything else of that description in the bath and I am VERY offended at this and I did photograph the bath as I was informed I would be having a visit from the H&S officer. There was a slight film of residue which was probably caused by the guest putting bubble bath in the tub when it is forbidden to do so and there are notices which state this. We have just received 5 stars for cleanliness at the Glenburn and we will not tolerate serious allegations like this. Being in hospitality for 30 years we know from the moment a guest arrives what lies ahead and 9 times out of 10 we are proved right.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

from the moment we walked in we were looked after, our room was clean & tidy nicely decorated & well equiped. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice,we opted to eat in the restaurant & the food was cooked to perfection.The hotel is situated in an ideal spot for Windermere & Bowness. We had no idea what awaited us when we booked but we can honestly say ad a fab time.

Room Tip: im sure which ever room you are allocated you wont have a problem
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
glenglen, Owner at The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for a great review. You seemed to have enjoyed your stay with us at The Glenburn. It is great to get away and just chill out and enjoy time away from everyday life. Thank you hope to see you again.