We've just returned from a superb three-day autumn break and are gutted to be back home!
Mary and Philip are consummate hosts - ensuring our holiday was relaxing, hassle-free and the epitome of short-break luxury. From picking us up from the train station to serving up a romantic evening meal for two - complete with sumptuous meat and cheese platters and fruit beer - they took care of our every need.
We arrived as two drowned rats due to inclement weather, but were dry within a matter of minutes thanks to our toasty-warm and well-appointed room. With a comfy and large couch, TV, DVD player and tea and coffee-making facilities it easily doubled as a convenient and cosy place to relax and unwind at the end of the evening. The bed is large, comfy and conducive to an excellent night's sleep.
Equally inviting is the guest lounge complete with piano, books, magazines and a mind-ruining puzzle which will keep you endlessly entertained.
Breakfast is beautifully cooked and ample (we didn't eat again until the evening on all three nights) and a great conversation with Mary, Philip and fellow guests is the perfect way to start the day.
Location-wise 1 Park Road couldn't be better. We didn't have a car but found it easy to walk into Windermere or Bowness where you can tap into the public transport network.
There is so much to say about this beautiful and lovingly cared-for property, but of all the great things it offers it is Mary and Philip who are the true stars - hoteliers with a genuine passion for great customer service and great company. We cannot recommend this bed and breakfast more highly and we are already looking forward to returning in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1 Park Road is an award-winning luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Windermere village. A recently refurbished former gentleman's residence that has a wonderful laid-back feel. 6 Spacious ensuite rooms with comfortable beds- three with king sized beds, flat screened TV's, DVD and Ipod docking stations. All rooms have The White Company soaps and bath robes and lotions from Pure Company. There is proper fresh coffee, tea pots and fresh milk- very important. We are fully licensed with an interesting selection of wines and bottled beers from around the world. We offer freshly cooked dinners at week ends and either cold meat or cheese platters the rest of the week- subject to availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your 1 Park Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Park Road Hotel Windermere
- 1 Park Road Windermere, Lake District