1 Park Road is simply brilliant.
My GF and I had been faffing about where to book in the lakes and had looked around for ages for a hub for walking, eating and sleeping (a simple, relaxing week). We eventually settled on this hotel and the biggest compliment I can give it is when we come back to the Lakes we won't even consider looking anywhere else.
The location is excellent, you're a 5 second walk into town (it's literally down one short road) for any shops you need for morning paper/snacks/lunch stuff etc, with a superb selection of restaurants meaning you don't have to ever drive (go to Hooked, it's amazing).
It's a 60 second walk to an easy 30-40 minute walk for fantastic panoramic views (what a way to welcome yourself to the lakes), and within easy walk or a few minutes drive from many, many others. We had no idea what we were doing and Phillip was more than happy, every single morning, to give us as much information and tips on what we needed and which walks he would recommend. We ended up having amazing days every single day, seeing/experiencing walks we'd likely have missed ourselves.
The rooms are lovely and have a nice personality about them, all the facilities you'd need are there. It's quiet, no road noise (almost too quiet, I keep falling asleep). The breakfast has a great selection of fruits, cereals, choice of cooked breakfasts... far beyond what I expected and a great start to any day.
Overall I do not have a single complaint, and as other reviewers have said, Phillip and Mary are 2 of the nicest people you'd meet. Definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1 Park Road is an award-winning luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Windermere village. A recently refurbished former gentleman's residence that has a wonderful laid-back feel. 6 Spacious ensuite rooms with comfortable beds- three with king sized beds, flat screened TV's, DVD and Ipod docking stations. All rooms have The White Company soaps and bath robes and lotions from Pure Company. There is proper fresh coffee, tea pots and fresh milk- very important. We are fully licensed with an interesting selection of wines and bottled beers from around the world. We offer freshly cooked dinners at week ends and either cold meat or cheese platters the rest of the week- subject to availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your 1 Park Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Park Road Hotel Windermere
- 1 Park Road Windermere, Lake District