Sue and I have just returned from a lovely weekend in the Lakes
Staying for two nights in a luxury room at 1 Park Road. We also took our dog
Stella who was made most welcome by owners Phil and Mary Burton.
Phil showed us to our room and whilst I brought the cases from the car he kindly
Set up the dog cage for Stella.
We were then invited down to the lounge for a coffee and cake.
We decided to eat in on our first night and the food and presentation was excellent.
Our room ( No 6 top floor ) was a good size and comfortable with a nice King Size bed and two seat sofa.
The ensuite was on the small size and contained a shower cubicle, toilet and basin. It was more than adequate. Ample supplies of quality soaps/shampoo etc and the towels and gowns were of good quality.
The tea making facilities were well above average with an excellent selection of speciality teas and filter coffees.
Milk was also plentiful and available from a fridge just outside the room. This is so much nicer than the little cartons of UHT milk you normally get. You could also store your own drinks in the fridge for use in your room.
I Park Road is well situated for a short stroll into the centre of Windermere ( Less than 5 minutes )
Bowness and the Lake is a nice 20 minute downhill stroll but a little harder coming back!!
A park approx. 200 yards from the property is ideal for early or late doggie walks.
Breakfast on both mornings were excellent and plentiful and the dining room light and airy.
To sum up I will list the Pro’s and Con’s if choosing 1 Park Road for your Windermere stay.
Very few but in fairness to tripadvisor readers I will mention a couple of niggles.
Towels only changed if you stay 3 days or more unless you ask and are charged at £5 per room. I have never come across that before in any hotel that I have stayed.
Drinks are a little expensive @ £3.75 a bottle upwards.
A note for us oldies:-
All sleeping accommodation is on floors one and two, so not ideal for anyone with walking difficulties.
Limited off street parking for 3 cars but the street has plenty of unrestricted parking.
Thank you Philip and Mary for your Hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1 Park Road is an award-winning luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Windermere village. A recently refurbished former gentleman's residence that has a wonderful laid-back feel. 6 Spacious ensuite rooms with comfortable beds- three with king sized beds, flat screened TV's, DVD and Ipod docking stations. All rooms have The White Company soaps and bath robes and lotions from Pure Company. There is proper fresh coffee, tea pots and fresh milk- very important. We are fully licensed with an interesting selection of wines and bottled beers from around the world. We offer freshly cooked dinners at week ends and either cold meat or cheese platters the rest of the week- subject to availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your 1 Park Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Park Road Hotel Windermere
- 1 Park Road Windermere, Lake District