I booked the Hotel on the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor and in general would not argue with most of the reviewers. The room was clean and tidy, although a little tired. The shower when the guest house was occupied by other users fluctuated in heat and the cubicle was a little on the small side.
Having booked for three evening stay I was alarmed that I was expected to use the towels for the entire stay, rather than the usual change of towels each day. I incurred a surcharge for the mistake .Replenishment of the drinks tray was not up to my expected standards, only six sachets of sugar for two people, however, on asking for more it was remedied.
The hosts were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was above standard.
In all a pleasant stay,
Be advised, check the small print in the information booklet.
Other than the above, the hosts were
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1 Park Road is an award-winning luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Windermere village. A recently refurbished former gentleman's residence that has a wonderful laid-back feel. 6 Spacious ensuite rooms with comfortable beds- three with king sized beds, flat screened TV's, DVD and Ipod docking stations. All rooms have The White Company soaps and bath robes and lotions from Pure Company. There is proper fresh coffee, tea pots and fresh milk- very important. We are fully licensed with an interesting selection of wines and bottled beers from around the world. We offer freshly cooked dinners at week ends and either cold meat or cheese platters the rest of the week- subject to availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your 1 Park Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Park Road Hotel Windermere
- 1 Park Road Windermere, Lake District