1 Park Road
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant(Windermere)
The Lamplighter(Windermere)
Craig Manor Hotel(Windermere)
  • Restaurant
All reviewshosts maryb bon arrivalhomemade marmaladelake districtwonderful hostshome from homeproper coffeeguest loungelovely housefudgedietary requirementsbreakfast in beda lovely stayenjoyable stayluxury roomquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was our second stay at to 1 Park Road. The first time was our wedding anniversary, Philip & Mary made up a wonderful picnic hamper for us to take out with us.
We had a lovely warm welcome again on our 2nd visit. A fantastic room with plenty of room and a very comfortable bed.
Plenty of banter and chit chat and nothing is too much trouble for Philip & Mary. They can recommend local restaurants, advise on bus routes and scenic walks into Bowness.
Totally chilled and now all geared up to face our house move.

Room Tip: All rooms are large and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue-ChocolateMagic
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter, son-in-law and 9 month old grandson & I stayed overnight with the wonderful Mary & Phillip who were the perfect hosts. I loved my room from the minute I set eyes on it, and was happy to hear WIFI was available in my room - so many other hotels we had stayed in either didn't have it or you had to go downstairs to use it. Phillip met us when we arrived and showed us to our rooms, pointing out my hairdryer was 'in the hatbox' on top of the wardrobe. There were all the lovely touches like bottled water, mint cake, tea/coffee and fresh milk in the fridge on the next floor up. We met Mary next morning when we came down for breakfast, where we found our table already set up with 3 chairs and a highchairs - made us feel at home. Breakfast was lovely with many choices from cereal, yoghurts, fruit and a lovely cooked breakfast. My only regret was we didn't get the chance to have Phillip play the piano for us. I highly recommend 1 Park Road to anyone

Room Tip: Just make a booking, you won't be sorry
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I never write reviews but this place deserves one. From the minute I booked the host was readily available by email and endeavoured to assist with every request. They arranged for my 93 year old Nanna to have the closest room so she wouldn't have too many stairs (this was much appreciated). From the minute we arrived we were so well taken care of. Tea and cake was served in the beautiful lounge complete with piano (if you buy the host a bottle of wine he will play to your hearts content. Lots of information was provided regarding the area and the hosts were knowledgeable about where to go: be it restaurants, shops, picturesque towns etc.
The rooms were spacious and had everything you could ever need, every toiletry we needed was there, a proper tea tray, bottled water, mint cake etc.
The bathroom was a little small and if there was one criticism about this place it would be to have a bath but the shower was hot all times of the day.
Breakfast was delicious and had something for everyone. I only had the cooked breakfast one day - it is a luxury for me and it certainly ticked the box. There were lots of options breakfast wise along with fresh fruits, yogurts, homemade jams and marmalades etc.
The host also serves dinner Fridays and Saturdays if you like and makes his own pies. I wish we had more time to sample these!
This place is so lovely because of the little extras. I had a fridge right outside my door so I could put in medications, fruit, purchases I'd made in the day, fresh milk for tea etc.
There is a wide selection if DVDs if you just want to chill out at night or escape a rainy day.
Parking is right outside.

I cannot praise this place enough. The best thing about one park road is the hosting. Mary and Phillip are naturals and nothing is too much trouble. My dad got a little ill towards the end of the trip and Mary being a nurse previously was on hand to ensure he was ok.

Thankyou so much :-)
Hope to see you again next time I visit the lakes

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the Easter Weekend for 3 nights. The hosts, Philip and Mary were very friendly and welcoming, suggesting a great route for an afternoon hike as well as any other info required. The shops are close by, 2 min walk and Bowness just a stroll down the hill. The room was clean and spacious, with a lovely outlook. The bathroom a little on the small side, functioned well, except that the shower door wouldn't close completely, making the space more confined. Breakfast was delicious, lovely cooked options and good selection of fruit and yoghurts too. We opted for a dinner cooked by our hosts, which was truly delicious. A home-cooked pork, apple & cider pie was wolfed down, and the chocolate cake dessert was rich and gooey. No complaints! Mary & Philip suggested a booking at Gilpin Lodge and Lake House nearby for lunch and we were not disappointed! What an amazing treat, fantastic quality food, at reasonable prices - highly suggest making a visit. Thanks for a great weekend away, we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rae R
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is not the first time that we have stayed at 1 Park Road, but it was the first time that we had stayed here with all our friends to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Philip and Mary, as always, were the perfect hosts and went out of their way to ensure that my celebrations were extra special and our friends were all made to feel extremely welcome.
We would highly recommend 1 Park Road and the hospitality of Philip and Mary; whether it is a short break and relaxation for two or to celebrate a special event with close friends. As well as charming convivial hosts the house has an abundance of character, the wine and beer menu is excellent and breakfasts are amazing. 1 Park Road is also ideally situated within Windermere village.

Thank you Philip and Mary for making it a special weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends