Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$136
eDreamsUS$136
TripadvisorUS$136
FindHotel
Agoda.comUS$135
StayForLong
All reviews ken cindy guest house lake district perfect hosts eggs benedict nothing is too much trouble lovely guesthouse guest lounge quiet area fantastic stay useful information local area rooms are lovely fantastic breakfast stayed longer perfect location min walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2017

There were 4 of us and we had rooms 1 overlooking the street and 2 overlooking the garden. both nice rooms comfortable bed and a nice quite location.
We walked to the local pub for dinner and the next night walked into Windermere for dinner.
Ken was by himself when we were there but he went out of his way to make us welcome and show us places to go and see, he also made some great breakfasts!
We would all highly recommend this B&B

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank TheExcitedTraveller
Denehurst, Owner at Denehurst Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Hi folks thanks for a lovely review, it really does make a difference when people like yourselves take the time to do this

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.... see you next time

Ken & Cindy

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

This lovely B & B is a delightful place to stay, it is a charming old building but with modern touches to welcome visitors. The owners are a very friendly couple who cannot do enough for their guests. Breakfast is everything you would get in a 4 star hotel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Would certainly come again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed 24 April 2017

The couple that owned this little establishment were beyond helpful The husband (Ken) had great knowledge of the surrounding area and was very eager to assist as with our days out while at the lakes. Breakfast was included in the price; serving a small counter of cereals and croissants and then a larger choice for a cooked breakfast which I have to say was one of the nicest breakfasts I have eaten in a while. The guest house is in a perfect location to visit some of the lakes districts alluring assets, being only 10 minutes away from a 10 mile lake and various beautiful walks. The room itself was nice and they provided bathrobes which was a lovely touch! However, the shower itself was a little small and I did bump my elbow on the wall and door a lot! but all in all I have no complaints as we were well looked after extremely well! I would recommend looking up this place if you are thinking of staying at the lakes.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Had another wonderful stay at the hotel. It was a surprise for my birthday from my husband. Cindy and Ken are fabulous hosts, they treat you like friends. Where can you go and receive a hug as a welcome. Again everything was spot on with the room and the hotel itself. I cannot recommend it enough. They remembered us from when we stayed last year. Gorgeous breakfast with locally sourced products to start the day off for our journey home. If you are lookng for a great stay in the Lakes then this is the place you should go to.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steph G
Denehurst, Owner at Denehurst Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Hi guys, thank you so much for posting a review .... we never take these for granted and we are of course delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again.

Lovely to have guests who really enjoy our award winning breakfasts !!

See you next time

Kind Regards
Ken & Cindy

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We received such a friendly welcome from Ken and Cindy and were made to feel completely at home, even after arriving very late. They couldn't have been more helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Our room was quiet, comfortable and full of charm. The breakfast was also great with lots of choice, good sausages (always a deal breaker for me) and a nice environment. Ken even went to the efforts of carrying my bags as I had injured my arm. Excellent place and I'll be recommending it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple