We have recently had a mid week break to Storrs Gate House. We cannot rate our stay highly enough. As soon as you arrive you are greeted warmly and notice the lovely furnishings and tapestries, which we believe have been made by Shirley and her mother Jean.
The standard of our room was fantastic! It seemed to have been carefully put together and created a comfortable yet luxurious feel.
Vince is a lovely host but does not intrude on your stay so that you can come and go as you please. Shirley is an excellent cook and the breakfasts are worth getting up early for, especially the sausages that we were told are locally produced!
Bowness is also a good base if you want to travel around or just have a quiet time around the town.
All in all we really felt like we had 'got away from it all' and look forward to a return trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009.Five Stars with Silver Award - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District