This was our first trip together to Lake Windemere and we decided to stay here as it was within the top 10 places to stay and we were not disappointed, in fact it was better!
Shirley and Vince were very friendly and welcoming and helped make our stay extra special.
We stayed in room 3 and it was just stunning. The four poster bed and the furnishings were beautiful and the room was sparkling clean. The fact that the room was facing the road was no issue at all, not once did we feel the noise from the cars interrupted our stay.
There was something for everybody at breakfast from a fry up to a homemade continental option. Shirley did a fantastic job in making sure we were set for the day! Everything was either made on the premises or bought locally.
The Storrs Gate house is perfectly located, seconds from the car ferry that takes you to Hawkshead and only a 10 to 15 minute walk from the main shops in Lake Windemere.
We will definitely be staying again, thank you for having us! Danny & Jenny
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009.Five Stars with Silver Award - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District