We visited Storrs Gate House for the third time last weekend. We arrived on the Sunday and left on the Wednesday. We were greeted by Shirley and Vince and were instantly made to feel welcome. It had been about 4 years since our previous stay and it was just as lovely as we'd remembered it. The last two times we stayed, we were in the Tudor Room but this time we were in Room 5, tucked away on the top floor on its own. The room was cosy (but in no way cramped!) And had a lovely view over the garden. The en-suite toilet and shower room was well laid out and the room was perfect for us. We treated ourselves to a short break which was a joint celebration of our first wedding anniversary and my birthday. My Wife, who is about halfway through her pregnancy, found the bed very comfortable and the spacious shower meant that she didn't have any problems there either.
The breakfasts were as amazing as we had remembered and while my Wife alternated her choices during our stay, I stuck with the full English! We both felt ready to tackle the day after being well fed and watered. There was a good variety of wildlife to watch on the bird feeders outside while we had breakfast, which was really nice.
We had been really lucky with the weather and after long days being out enjoying ourselves it was great to come back to a comfy room and a great shower, especially after walking the scenic route around Cockshott Point between Storrs Gate House and Bowness itself.
We will definitely be back and can't recommend Storrs Gate House highly enough. The homely atmosphere complemented Shirley and Vince's hospitality perfectly and we both felt rested despite being on the go for most of our stay. It was almost a shame to have to come back home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009. Five Star - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District