Stayed there whilst we did the Fred Whitton ride . Location was good property clean but extremely dated it was freezing throughout our stay there heating only being turned on during last night and day of departure . It was warmer in our car with the heater on. Beds never made and landlady approached us asking if it was cold but didnt want to come into the apartment to disturb us to turn it up. The boiler was behind a locked door ! Two of us had to sleep in fleeces .Wifi didn't work Although told free. Informed electricity could go off. Sky box without any sky channels . For a base for 3 guys who only slept there the property met our needs. I wouldn't want to stay there again ,things like central heating are basics . We had a lecture for about 30 minutes by the landlady on what we couldn't do, don't leave plug sockets down , fan in bathroom on she had refurbished dining room table and made us aware if it was marked . The Venue served its purpose but is dated and basics are heating etc. This isn't four star . This seriously needs a mystery shopper visit and an appropriate grading of property. Only plus is off street parking but told we were to move it early as the husband had to go out early . We would have stayed elsewhere but Windermere full due to bike ride Two star at best .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three modern apartment suites within 200 yards of Windermere village in a quiet side street,each has its own lounge and kitchen,Sky free-view channels,DVD etc,two have two bathrooms,all have a full size bath,this is let on a self catering basis daily or weekly.We offer Free off street parking for one car per apartment,Free Wi-Fi,Free use of Parklands Leisure Club and Swimming Pool at the Burnside Hotel Bowness.Each apartment has one double and one twin bedroom and sleeps (4)four.On request,we can accommodate five (5)persons in apartment No1 in one double bedroom and one triple bedroom(see photos),please advise if more than four persons will be coming at the time of booking as a small additional charge is payable and only this apartment,No1,will sleep five.If you don't all want to be squashed into a "family" room in a B&B this is ideal and if you need plenty of space this is for you.Ladies and Wedding parties please note; we have our own on-site Hair Salon,"Salon TK". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Oakdene Apartment Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakdene Apart Hotel Windermere
- Oakdene Apartment Suites Windermere, Lake District