We had a very enjoyable stay at the Merewood in the summer . We were allocated Room 11 in advance which has a wide bay window with lovely views looking towards the Lake (mostly obscured by trees in August!). A previous review stated that they were disappointed with this particular room but it would be hard to find fault now. The four-poster bed was comfortable and had very attractive covers and generally the furniture was of a good standard.
The staff were very pleasant and quite chatty. The food was of a very good standard - particularly the puddings which were tasty and looked super.
The only disappointment was that we were unable to stay there a second night as they were fully booked!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District