We stayed at Merewood at the beginning of March for a last getaway before the birth of our first child. The room was lovely and spotless (we had a four poster bed which was a wonderful touch) with magnificent view. The staff were wonderfully attentive and friendly. It is in the style of an old country house complete with library and log fires. It was utterly peaceful and romantic (we were there mid-week and it was quiet). The food was utterly outstanding. Dinner was an experience you should leave lots of time for. I highly recommend this hotel.
p.s - If you are a non-walker and put off by the fact is does not have a spa, never fear there are a few in town (4 minute drive) to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District