We recently stayed at the merewood as I booked it as a surprise night away for me and my husband as a small honeymoon break! When we first arrived I admit I was alittle disappointed with the room we were given as it wasnt very light and quite small (room 6) However after I went to reception and asked if there were any rooms left with lake views and explained situation we were moved to room two which was the bridal suite for no extra cost!! The room was beautiful very large and very light with a beautiful view of the lake! The bed was so comfy and very clean.The staff were friendly and very helpful and showed an interest in you. The food was amazing definately worth having the dinner and the before dinner canapes were a nice touch! Would not hesitate to stay again but would just ask for a room with a view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District