I attended a wedding at the Merewood on Saturday. Due to the size of the party, we had the whole hotel to ourselves. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who seemed more like like family friends wanting to ensure the special day went according to plan.
The food was exceptional, espcially the lamb, and I would normally avoid lamb for fear of it being fatty and over cooked. It was stunning!
My only niggle would be that the walls were quite thin and I could hear the conversations of the people in the next room as clear as if they were sat on the end of my bed! This was not ideal when I wanted to look rested and glam for the photos the next day!
I would certainly go back for a short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District