We've enjoyed terrific food at the Merewood many times, but never actually stayed until now. We had a wonderful room overlooking the lake and everything about the stay was great - the staff, the service the food...
Nothing was too much trouble and we had a thoroughly relaxing time, especially on Sunday morning by the open fires, reading the papers.
Can't wait to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District