Our Room (No 5 - Tennyson) was a spacious family room with a high ceiling, 2 double beds, a large fireplace, a sofa facing the large bay window with views to a distant Lake Windermere and the bedside clock has a socket for an ipod. A lovely en-suite, almost brilliant white when the 7 downlighters are fully turned up, and a shower over the Jacuzzi bath. The bed was very comfortable and certainly worth paying for the room upgrade. The staff were very friendly, helpful and courteous.
Unfortunately there is a climb up to the car park, or 29 steps, but there is a disabled car space next to reception and a large overflow car park well below the level of the Hotel.
At Dinner I had the Ballantyne of Smoked Pheasant, Mango and Ginger Sorbet, the Pan Fried Cannon of Herdwick Lamb and the warm Apple Crumble. Delightfully cooked and presented. At breakfast there was a large choice of fruit and cereals and the flavours in my breakfast of bacon, egg, black pudding and tomato were the best I have tasted for quite a while. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District