OMG!! The Merewood Country House Hotel is the most amazing place you could ever imagine to have your special day at...
We were recommended the Merewood by my Aunt who is always involved with weddings and has attended many a wedding. As we live in Surrey (born and bred Lakes girl) we found it hard to find the perfect location for our perfect day with not being able to travel up there so often. So when we came across the Merewood it was love at first sight.
We booked it up 2 years ago and have had the best support and communication ever from all of the amazing staff at the house. As we couldn't just pop in when and if required Joe and Helen kept in constant contact with us, which was an absolute blessing.
The big day itself was amazing and we had sole exclusivity of the Merewood for the entire weekend. This was perfect as we had guests travelling from all corners, staying all weekend and as the ceremony and the event were all held in the one venue it made it so easy for everyone.
Joe, Helen and Jenny run the whole day with military precision but you would never have known the were actually there. They are amazing people!! The food was delicious and so much of it we all nearly popped by the end of the evening. I highly recommend going for the mini cones of fish & chips yum yum yum...
The rooms were in excellent condition with all of the facilities you would require. If it wasn't in your room, reception would more than likely have it for you! If you are staying in the first floor rooms then I am certain you will be blown away by the views of the surrounding grounds and on a clear day you will also enjoy the beautiful sight of Lake Windermere. Breath taking...
I also highly recommend that if you are holding a wedding or special event here, to use their florist Michelle Fullerton at Valerie Ann's Florist in Windermere as she blew us away with what she did for us and complimented it all with similar flowers around the house.
We can't thank everybody at the Merewood enough for making not just our day special but a day to be remembered by all of our family and friends to!!
Thank you Merewood
Karen & Pete xXx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District