I stayed here as a suprise 30th birthday trip and we couldn't have been happier. the rooms were spotless and well decorated, the bed super comfy and the breakfasts very tasty! We particularly loved the little touches such homemdae biscuits in the room and bottles of water with lemon provided in the rooms. The guesthouse was of such a high standard that we actually came back for an additional night when we were disappointed with our nextstop!
It's also ideally located between Windermere's main street and Barrow-on-Windermere, both just 5-10 minutes walk with a great choice of cafes and restaurants.
I'd highly recommend staying at the Glenville - it's faultless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- (Adults Only).Traditional Lakeland Stone Guest House backed by Mill Beck & Sheriffs Wood ideally located for Windermere & Bowness. Excellent, well appointed rooms all with King sized beds & ensuite facilities,then enjoy your freshly cooked breakfast made from local produce which will set you up for the days activities. A warm & friendly welcome from Peter and Jayne awaits all our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Glenville House (Adults Only) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenville House Hotel Windermere
- Glenville House (Adults Only) Windermere, Lake District