my boyfriend and i stayed here for one night, on a weekend away in windermere. we had a great stay at the ravensworth and would definitely recommend this place. when we arrived, after being shown around and to our room, we were welcomed with a tray of tea/coffee and home made muffins after our 3 hour journey, which we thought was a lovely touch! our room was great, the bed comfy (had a great night's sleep) and the house/surroundings peaceful at night. breakfast the next morning was fab - loads of choice (cereals, pastries, juices, fresh fruit, toast, breads, spreads/jams, and a great choice of cooked breakfast options). as well as the usual 'full english' cooked breakfast on offer, there were some great other cooked options, such as scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and eggs benedict if i recall.. i was craving the full english, which was great! it was cooked to order and we were able to pick and choose what we wanted (choice of eggs etc). the only extra thing we both would have chosen as well would have been some baked beans with it, which weren't on the menu. owners were great - friendly, welcoming, good to chat to and helped us out with suggesting a route to take to our hot air balloon flight launch site (the main purpose of out trip). this route was the kirkstone pass which was a fantastic drive for scenery - really recommended!! they also recommended to us a great thai restaurant just around the corner in windermere - the thai brasserie i think it was called, and the food there was lovely! the staff working at the ravensworth were also really friendly too. thanks for a great stay and we'll definitely look at staying again if/when we come back to windermere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ravensworth is a traditional Lakeland guest house with plenty of character offering a warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Only a few minutes walk from the centre of Windermere village and railway station, very close to shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ravensworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ravensworth Hotel Windermere
- The Ravensworth Windermere, Lake District