WOW I don't think there's enough space to comment on The Ravensworth.
Greeted by Cheryl who sold the place before we had chance to look around, what a lady and host, please teach the rest of the world how to be polite. Cheryl made us a lovely cup of coffee after our journey then showed us to an immaculate, modern room. This place is SPOTLESS.
The bed was comfortable and huge. The bath was filled with endless amounts of hot water to soak our aching bodies after mountain biking all day.
Breakfast is fantastic with so much choice. My wife had a different breakfast every day with the same result.... an empty plate. Thanks Nick for the tip to go up to Orrist Head view point, what a view.
The hotel is so easy to find and is situated in an ideal spot to travel on foot, bike or car.
I cannot praise Nick and Cheryl enough, thank you for making our 7th wedding anniversary a great time despite getting soaked every day.
We felt as if we had been invited to stay at some friends house and will take up the invitation to return. xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ravensworth is a traditional Lakeland guest house with plenty of character offering a warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Only a few minutes walk from the centre of Windermere village and railway station, very close to shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ravensworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ravensworth Hotel Windermere
- The Ravensworth Windermere, Lake District