My boyfriend and I went on a train trip through England and stayed at this guesthouse for 2 nights. We travelled from Bath to Windermere(5 hours by train) and arrived late in the afternoon. Cheryl welcomed us very friendly and showed us the lounge and the room. She invited us for some tea and (delicious!) cake and showed us the map of the surrounding area and gave us tips on what we could do during our stay here. What a warm welcome!
The room we had(room no. 1) was great. A comfortable bed, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cookies, bottled water, chocolate and an iPod docking station, what a service. The room was very clean and wel decorated. The bathroom was also very clean and modern. The lounge was always open to guests who want to sit there, play a game, read a book or use the PC with internet. There is free WiFi, though it's sometimes slow it's more than enough to check your email, facebook, twitter etc. This isn't a problem as we(and most of the guests I think) were out and about most of the time.
The breakfast was great. The staff is very helpful and you always have enough toast, coffee and tea and even a croissant while waiting for your order. The Cumbrian Grill is definitely worth trying, and I really enjoyed the scrambled eggs with salmon.
There's a lot of things to do in this area, and if we want to come bank we'd definitely go to the Ravensworth again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ravensworth is a traditional Lakeland guest house with plenty of character offering a warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Only a few minutes walk from the centre of Windermere village and railway station, very close to shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your The Ravensworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ravensworth Hotel Windermere
- The Ravensworth Windermere, Lake District