All reviewsgarden roomcream tealovely hotelbar mealsevening mealsconeslake districtenjoyable staypublic areasa lovely staycooked breakfastnight breakcouldn't do enoughthe ground floorstayed for one nightboth nightsbed and breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2011

From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and friendly and did every thing they could to make our stay comfortable. The bedroom and bathroom were immaculately clean and the food is first class.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank HoneyApples
Reviewed 1 August 2011

It was a real shame we ended up[ in the room next to the kitchen because the kitchen fan / airconditioning fan kept me awake uring on and off all night long. Otherwise the hotel is a clean and comfortable place to stay and in a good location. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KGoepel
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here while participating in the Great North Swim as it’s in a perfect location right by the lake. We were allocated a beautiful, large bedroom with a door opening on to a shared patio and the hotel’s delightful gardens. The staff are wonderfully friendly, helpful, and professional – some of the nicest hotel staff I have encountered! There was an excellent selection for breakfast, including several different cooked options (cooked to order), plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, yogurts etc. We also had dinner in the hotel which, although slightly pricey, was worth every penny - beautifully presented, delicious food. Although it’s about 5-10 minutes’ drive from Windermere, there is a bus service between Windermere and Ambleside that stops just a short walk away from the hotel, so you don’t have to use your car. All in all, a great hotel which I hope to visit again soon :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank gymslipanniec
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have just stayed at this hotel as the overspill of a large wedding party. I have to say I think we had a relaxing and comfortable time here. We had rooms 1 & 2 which are classed as patio rooms, they are newly built I think so everything is pristine the bed is enormous and the mattress fantastic. The only problem I had was the pillows were a little hard for me I am used to foam pillows. Lovely light sunny room with an opening door onto a patio, with views onto the grassed area of garden.
The staff are THE BEST they were so helpfull and friendly. My husband on his return from the wedding slightly worse for wear lost a cufflink. I emailed the hotel and they searched high and low for it and found it, that was above and beyond the call of duty.
The hotel was spotless, the breakfast fantastic everything was so tasty, the best of quality has been bought. The jams and marmalades are wonderful for the toast, the eggs are free range and the bacon was delicious.
It is not a high luxury hotel but a warm and comforting hotel which is fantastic.
I would like to thank them for everything. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms one and two are brilliant
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank critterfeeder
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We have just come back from a three night stay at this hotel. The room was lovely nice decor and very clean. The breakfast was delicious. The staff were fantastic nothing was to much trouble. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family