Highly recommended. From your personal arrival greeting from Philippa and Trevor, with tea and shortbread in the conservatory, this guesthouse continues to excel with the quality of the rooms, the facilities, the helpful local information and the superb breakfasts (I particularly enjoyed the 'special of the day' smoked haddock with poached eggs for a change).
As others have said, the location is good, so you can choose to walk into Windermere or Bowness, and there is ample car park space.
Good people deserve to succeed and it's a pleasure to simply praise a couple for a job well done. Thank you both.
Don't hesitate, in my opinion just book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in its own grounds the Hawksmoor Lakeland Guesthouse is a large, spacious Guest House offering 12 comfortable en-suite bedrooms, excellent off-road private parking for all guests including a disabled bay, lawned gardens to the front and patio area to the rear where you can sit and watch the world go by or maybe even spot a roving Roe deer in the woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hawksmoor Lakeland Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawksmoor Lakeland Guesthouse Hotel Windermere
- Hawksmoor Lakeland Guesthouse Windermere, Lake District