“Charming & Welcoming”

Millbeck Guest House
Ranked #20 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for a week at Millbeck B&B. Our host, Mr Howard was very cordial, helpful and attentive to our daily needs. He provided a great breakfast each morning. The room itself was spotlessly clean, comfy bed and brilliant white bed sheets and towels. The area it's in is a quiet area and only 10 minutes walk from the train station one way and a 20 minute walk down to Bowness the other way. We had a most enjoyable stay at Millbeck B&B and would definitely stay there again if we re-visit Windermere and would highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: There is one flight of stairs to the room as shown in website photos.
2  Thank Alex A

Reviewed 31 July 2014

It is a very nice guest house. The room was clean with a comfy soft bed, an amazing shower and we had a lovely breakfast. Howard's hospitality was welcoming and friendly. We would definitely stay again.

1  Thank stacey874
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at Millbeck for one evening. Clean, tidy and homely. Good breakfast and good hospitality. Checked in with Howard and was then left to get on with it which was brilliant. Room was good with nice en-suite bathroom. Our only gripe was the bed which was a little small and soft for our preference which is why we marked it down. Apart from that we had a good stay and Howard was a very accommodating host :)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Perfectly clean, but the host was unhelpful and even rude. Clearly cared about money only.
Parking was not a problem. Breakfast was not enough compared to other guest houses I've stayed. Generally, would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BenB122014
Howard K, Owner at Millbeck Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry if your stay at Millbeck was not as you expected.
I seem to have offended you in some way, if I did it was totally unintentional and I apologise.
I am surprised at your comments about the breakfast, most comments received about breakfast at Millbeck are positive to say the least. All you need do was ask and I would have done my best to accommodate your request. Unfortunately you said nothing at the time.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

we stayed here in july for one ne night it was clean & breakfast was good parking was never an issue & i would recomend this place to anyone plenty of places to eat in winderemere & bowness all in all a very good stay

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Millbeck Bed and Breakfast at the beginning of July for 3 nights. It's in a nice quiet street and a short walk to the town (Windermere) and 10 minutes walk down to Bownes. We had room 2 which was a lovely room. Howard the owner and chef for breakfast is what makes this little B&B so good. The English breakfast is top notch and Howard even dried my partner's T-shirt with out us even asking which was very kind of him to do so. Will definitely be staying there again when we come back to the lakes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a fantastic gem of a B&B. I know how busy Windermere can get in the summer and I wasn't sure about parking but it was not an issue at all - in fact I parked right outside. The location was perfect - just off the main through road and nice and quiet but only a short walk to the centre. The host was excellent and even arranged an early breakfast as I was there on business and had a very early start. The single room I stayed in was clean, tidy and uncluttered and the bed was nice and big. Overall I would recommend Millbeck as a great place to spend a few nights and enjoy the delights on the area.

Room Tip: Single room had a very comfortable big bed
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business