“Anniversary special”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Anniversary special”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We came here for a special occasion and both had a delicious steak and chips! Would definitely recommend although it was slightly on the pricey side and could have had a little bit more choice in the menu :)

1 Thank raddlebarn

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely but flawed like a lot of things in life”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Only ate here - we were staying elsewhere. We were welcomed by a beautiful lady (Spanish perhaps?) and shown into the lounge for a drink and to look at the menu. It was relaxing to sit on the sofa and read the menu and have some wine. The dining room is intimate and lovely and the staff are very friendly and do their best. We really enjoyed the food and couldn't fault it. The choice / menu is small so it's not for everyone here as there really isn't much choice but what we had we really enjoyed. The choice of wine is good too. I think if you're a foody and you like a civilised meal you'll like it here but I can somewhat empathise with some of the less enthusiastic reviews but I myself will go back. The Chef is good here - I have no doubt - but whether he is staying too much in his comfort zone and serving dishes up that have been done over and over and dishes that are not challenging is open for debate. I am not sure what demographic he is trying to reach. We did discuss this the next day but we both said we'd go back so there you have it !! What I will say that I am now sure this isn't haute cuisine or fine dining but it's a super little place to eat and I like it. It's pricey though...but on balance worth it.

1 Thank gastronaut2010
“Beautiful food, fabulous atmosphere.”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This was our first visit to Jerichos (definately won't be the last) The dining area is very comfortable with a good atmoshere. The staff are professional and attentive without being overbearing, great service and very efficient.
The food is to die for, my fillet steak was amazing, even the fries (homemade) were delicious.
Menu is small but enough choices for everyone. We actually prefer a smaller menu as it makes it easier to choose !
We will definately be recommending Jerichos to friends and guests.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank pinkbeabea
Wellington, null, United Kingdom
“Superb meal!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was by far the best meal out we have had in a very long time. I would not hesitate to go again. Yes it was pricey but worth every penny. It was for a special occasion, my partner's birthday, and I am so pleased that it lived up to my expectations. I could not fault anything about the evening at all. The food was superbly cooked and presented well. A very relaxed atmosphere. Well done to everyone involved.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kazza232013
“A touch of class - but Saturdays only”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Jerichos only opens on Saturdays. Yes, really.

It has so much going for it: well-designed decor in lounge and dining rooms; menu short but well-balanced - 3 of each course. We wondered why a restaurant with so much potential is only opening once per week (longer on Bank Holiday weekends).

We loved the pigeon breast and prawn risotto starters (happy to miss out on the celeriac and cauliflower soup!) Although tempted by the fish and the vegetarian mushroom, we nevertheless went for steaks, choosing ribeye rather than fillet. Both were large and cooked to perfection. The frangipane dessert was delicious too. The wine list was eclectic, ranging from a very cheap 'house' to some surprisingly expensive options.

Service was pleasant but a little lacking in continuity, and we felt the food and decor deserved a more attentive, informative and formal approach. With minor adjustments (especially to service) this could be a massive success story. One to watch.

• Visited October 2013