“Good location.”
Review of Lanayr Hotel

Lanayr Hotel
Ranked #254 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Thank you for a good stay at the Lanayr. Our rooms were nice and clean with tv, en-suite, towels, tea and coffee. The shower was a little temperamental, but fine once you got the temperature right. There were extra pillows and blankets in the wardrobe. Alan couldn't have been more helpful with any information we needed. The breakfast was great with everything we could have wanted. The dining room is large and so is the bar area with a huge tv. Good parking out front and round the back, and location is ideal for central blackpool and near to seafront. The only negative which is a shame, is the decor which really needs a bit of tlc, but for the price is good value. I'm sure we will book again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great value, great location with a nice quiet room. Excellent friendly service. Only negative would be musty smell but overall would return.
Breakfasts were great value with a good selection available. Ideal location for Blackpool tower and city centre.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

thanks for a great stay at the lanayr we all had a wonderful time everything was nice and clean with the breakfast so great and thanls for telling us were to visit in Blackpool and a special thanks for all your staff that also helped the night go so well we are looking forwar to oue next stay at the fab lanayr hotel once again all our very best wishes

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank anderson2uuuzz
stafflanayr, Owner at Lanayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you so much in taking the time to review your stay with us we really appriciate your comments and needless to say we look forward in seeing you again thanks again...Bash

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great location, nice rooms, varied breakfast and very friendly owners. They are willing to solve any problem you will have. This hotel fits our needs perfectly, there's no better in this price range! We tried a lot of hotels in Blackpool, but this is the one we book every year!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. The host Allan is great. Rooms are clean. Pitty the toilet has a mind of his own and sometimes you don't have hot water. Breakfast is very nice. The hotel is located not far from the center of Blackpool. Good hotel, value for money.

1  Thank TheWizzKid
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

It took 20mins before anyone came to the door on my arrival. I had to call on the phone number above the door before the chap came.

First impression was the smell of wet dog.

Next was that I didn't need to be alone in a lift with the bloke to get to my room on the first floor.

Then the room. It was a double, but they'd squeezed an extra single and two armchairs in. 2 plug sockets were all I had, one of which powered the tv. And the en suite was pretty rank.

The single-glazed window was condensated, drafty and mouldy, and even with the radiator turned up to full the room was freezing.

Breakfast was too late for me to be able to have any before needing to leave.

When I left after my second night, no-one was at the bar (which doubled as reception) despite me ringing the bell, so I left my key on the bar.

Didn't see the owner/manager bloke at all after he led me to my room initially, so couldn't pass any of this on or give him a chance to remedy it. I'd avoid, there's many better establishments in Blackpool to use if visiting out of season.

3  Thank Waterboyham
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have given this little hotel in central Blackpool an 'excellent' This doesn't mean I think it is a 5 star hotel. It means that for comfort and value it would be very difficult to beat! IF it is your custom to focus on negatives such as imperfect grouting, restricted views, the size of showers etc then this is possibly not the right choice for you. IF, you are looking for a clean, comfortable, friendly hotel on a budget then you could not get any better!

Another impromptu decision to spend NY Eve in Blackpool led us to the Lanayr.......entirely pot luck. We knew roughly what we wanted to spend, that we wanted it central with on site car parking (a problem with a lot of establishments in the centre) and with en suite facilities. The Lanayr ticked all the boxes and so we booked for two nights. Alan, gave us a very warm welcome, asking (and remembering) our Christian names and offering information should we need it. He asked us not to hesitate to ask if we needed anything.

Our room was warm and comfortable with a flat screen t.v, complimentary tea/coffee/chocolate/biscuits and a lovely touch (because it was New Year ) a complimentary bottle of bubbly! Thank you Alan, much appreciated! Beds felt hard on first contact but both of us slept really well and there were more than enough pillows (thank you)

Although, on this occasion, we only had bed and breakfast which was very good, we heard Alan's dinners were superb as he is an excellent chef. Most of our comrades on New Year's Eve were returning patrons which speaks volumes with so much choice!

I would just like to say that there are two member's clubs, one round the corner and one further down Reads Avenue which were exceptionally welcoming with entertainment and I must mention the Reads Grill also on Reads Avenue. This is a good old fashioned café with excellent service and a good choice at very reasonable prices. In fact, book at the Lanayr and you don't even need to leave Reads Avenue!!!!! Am joking.......the wet, windy prom is a MUST to blow away the cobwebs before breakfast.

We look forward to meeting you again in 2014 Alan