“Cosy B&B! Ideal 4 Funny Girls & Close 2 Bars! 15mins(ish) from Primark!!!”
Review of Belvedere Hotel

Belvedere Hotel
Ranked #69 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
SELBY, NORTH YORKSHIRE
“Cosy B&B! Ideal 4 Funny Girls & Close 2 Bars! 15mins(ish) from Primark!!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed at this B&B for one night on 2nd October, I booked it the day before! I had tried a few other B&B’s before this one but all were fully booked! I always use Trip Advisor before booking and have to say I wasn’t disappointed with this B&B!

The hosts were most welcoming and very accommodating to my dietary requirements (she even knocked £5 off as I wasn’t having the breakfast and was bringing my own due to being on a special diet!) The hosts have only had the B&B 18 months but you can tell they are trying their best to put their mark on it – I wish them well for the future!

I booked at double room at the cost of £27.50 per person per night (I didn’t think this was bad taking into account it was illuminations period!). This price included breakfast.

THE ROOM
We were allocated room 5 and it was ideal for what we wanted. A double bed with a wardrobe, set of drawers and en suite shower room! The room had kettle and drinks – even some biccies (not that I was allowed to munch on them!!). My only issues with the room were that A) it was quite cold, I turned the radiator up to the highest option but it didn’t seem to warm the room and when we got in from Funny Girls the room was chilly – an excuse to snuggle up though!! B) The location of the TV was terrible. As it was a flat screen it was almost impossible to view the TV properly as with all flat screens you have to be face on or sitting from a distance, I found myself sitting at the other side of the room to view! This could be solved by simply lowering the TV and not having as high as it is!! Overall the room was lovely and clean! Should you need an iron you can get this from the ladies downstairs, the ironing board was located just outside room 5!!

THE BREAKFAST
I didn’t have the breakfast but my boyfriend did. We both went to the dining room which is at the front of the property. It was miserable looking out at the windy rainy cold weather but the same cant be said for the breakfast, which although looked small portion was more than lovely and my boyfriend munched it all down! He didn’t have the cereals, etc he just had the cooked breakfast!! He enjoyed so that was him happy! The hosts were accommodating in supplying me with hot water to enable me to have my special porridge – thanks girls!!

THE BAR
We didn’t have a drink at the B&B bar but from what I saw when we checked in it was a very small bar, so should you want somewhere to sit on an evening I would perhaps suggest a B&B / Hotel with a bigger lounge area. Other than that it was quite cosy!!

THE LOCATION
The B&B is on Dickson Road – perfect location for Funny Girls! Its literally about 5 – 7 mins walk straight up the road and there you have it! We went on the Friday night…….its somewhere I have always wanted to go but never got round to it. I have to say I thought the seated area was a little over priced! To stand was £6 but there were literally no seats in this area and to sit was £17.50 each! I didn’t want to pay £17.50 so opted for the £6 but ended up going back and up grading!!! I couldn’t bear the thought of standing from 7.30pm to nearly midnight!!
The others bars are easy to get to, probably about a 5-7 min walk in the opposite direction to Funny Girls! We didn’t go to any other bars but that wasn’t cos we didn’t want to its just cos we were tired after Funny Girls!!
A walk into town would probably take you about 15mins – there is a huge Primark so make sure you pack your walking shoes as you may be in a while!!

Can’t think of anything else to say about the B&B…....oh hang on!

PARKING!
There is no parking at the B&B but we were lucky enough to get a spot outside the fish & chip / kebab shop just down from the B&B and it didn’t cost us! If you can’t get parked here you will have to look at the side streets but I’m sure you will find a spot!

Anyway, that’s the review finished!

If you have any questions just ask!

I won’t hesitate in staying here in the future!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Belvedere-77, Owner at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2009
Thank you for your extremely informative review. We value customer feedback and we will take your points into account.

Regards Belvedere Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
wolverhampton
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Me and me partner at the last minute booked this hotel during the illuminations, this hotel is highly recommended with all the mod cons, for a great break away, the girls Julie and Sophie are really friendly and a pleasure to be around.
Have recommended this place to many friends, and no doubt will be back ourselves.

A great little hotel central to all attractions in blackpool.. Thanks and see ya soon.

birkenhead
Reviewed 6 October 2009

hi julie an sophie we,d like to say a big thank you to you both for maken r weekend relaxing an enjoyable your hotel is a credit to you both its immaculate, the room was spotless an it was provided with everything we needed for our stay (tea, coffee, fresh towels, tv , information book ) breakfast was lovely an plenty of it a good start to the day, nite life was close by overall an enjoyable place to stay thanks to you both we would definatly stay at your place again debbie & dave from birkenhead

zbigniew50
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Hi Julie and Sophie.
Thanks for a great overnight stay the hotel is a credit to you both . Lovely rooms great breakfast very kind and helpfull. Thanks for making our trip stress free.
I will deffo be reccomending you and the Belvedere and would deffo stay with you again.
Thanks once again and good luck for the furure Val (Lancaster)

Halton
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Fantastic B and B the owners welcomed us, nothing was a problem we requested extra tea and coffee in our room, upon our return it was there. Breakfast was tasty and Plentifully. Well done Girls for a great B and B I have been recommending you, we will be back.

Denise and Mary

LANCASTER
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Just returned from overnight stay in Blackpool. From the minute we arrived at the B&B we were warmly welcomed. Nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom was lovely and clean. Breakfast was served at beautiful laid tables. I would recommend to all. Great to find somewhere so central. I will certainly return.

stoke on trent
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I very recently stayed at the Belvedere with my sister on recommendation from a friend. I've stayed in a few different hotels in Blackpool in the past and none compare to the high upkeep and standards of this hotel. It was located near to all the main attractions, with the advantage of security parking a street away. The hotel was very clean with tasteful decor and the owners were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us. A superb breakfast set us up for the day. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business