“Will Never stay again”

Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
“Will Never stay again”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The room we were given was supposed to have been recently refurbished. I dread to think what it was like originally. the on-suite was dirty and smelly. The wardrobe consisted of a metal hanging rail screwed to a piece of unpainted wood. We only stayed one night so did not even unpack. I know the hotel was supposed to only be basic but we did expect it to be clean. We have stayed in Blackpool before (at a B&B) where the Bedroom and the on-suite were spotlessly clean.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Lynne H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed at beechfield hotel with family rooms were lovely and clean basic enough to just sleep in not spend all day/night there. Very helpful friendly staff always someone around if you require anything/ ask for information. Defo would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
aberdeen
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed in the summer and had a fab time. What made our holiday was the friendly staff, espc Julie and Tom. The rooms are basic but all we wanted to do was sleep there - you do not go on holiday to stay in room!! We also loved the cooked breakies every morning. My son even wanted to drop in past on the way back to say hello!! Well done for making my sons stay in Blackpool a great one!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Annan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I have just returned from a week away in various places arund the uk. I went to Loch Lomond, Rothesay and finally stopped off in Blackpool. I have got to say the warm and friendly greeting and all round homely feeling at the Beechfield made me feel instantly at easy. I say this because i stayed 1 night at another hotel in the area before booking in here and was made to feel at ease immediately. The staff went out there way to accomidate our needs, as i arrived early they got a room cleaned for us straight away whilst providing us with hot drinks while we waited. The room was clean and comfortable. Have to give a big shout out for the receptionist 'Julie' as she went out her way to help us with everything. Staff are real characters and make you feel like a friend rather than just another customer. Will definately be back. Thanx for a great time.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have also stayed recently at the Beechfield and I must say that I disagree with Diva 20. When you're staying in a hotel you're not only sleeping there. You're showering there, dressing there, eating there, having morning coffee in your room. When you've been for a great day out in Blackpool, you might want to shower again to get dressed up for the night ahead.

In my opinion, your hotel room should be like a home from home and the Beechfield Hotel came nowhere near that!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Alex C
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I just spent 4 nights and the Beechfield and don't understand why people are moaning. Our room was nicely decorated and clean, clean towels were provided everyday. Breakfast was very good and service excellent. All staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location only a short walk away from the tower and there is ample parking spaces at the hotel at no extra charge. All in all was great value for money and I would definately go back.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel based on the good reviews and high scores on Tripadvisor. We were very disappointed. The room was very shabby with peeling wallpaper and a greasy, grimey headboard. The bathroom was very neglected with mould on the shower curtain, tiles and shower hose. Refurbishent is long overdue.
The carpet was dirty, tired and worn: it's the kind of floorcovering that makes you feel as if your feet are sticking to it.
It was a new experience for me to see powdered milk sachets provided instead of the more normal UHT milk tubs - this amounts to extreme penny-pinching as far as I'm concerned.
I found the staff to be generally friendly, but a bit over-familiar. The location of the hotel is good - within easy walking-distance from the central pier and the tower.
The breakfast was okay, but the sausage and the fried bread seem to have been deep-fried. The tea and toast was good.
In summary I simply cannot understand how such a bad hotel can have such a high Tripadvisor score. Something doesn't add up...

Room Tip: Choose another hotel