“Excellent Tay again”

The Beechfield Hotel
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We have just returned from the Beechfield hotel we sayed as a whole group and the service was excellent from the Tim of booking ( which was our 2nd year ) to he time we sadly left. Nothing was too much work always very supportive of all the kids that were tere to compete in a ompetition at the tower by testing breakfast ready for those needing o be out early. The rooms ae always clean and tidy and very ell maintained. THANKYOU again Julie and team see you again next er x

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Beechfield Hotel

Reviewed 29 November 2012

A group of us stayed at this hotel adults and children last year for 3 nights and found the staff very friendly and helpful. They made us more than welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We were so impressed that we are going back again this weekend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed at the Beechfield this weekend, wish I'd slept on the streets, it would have been nicer! The welcome was appalling as the staff did not know their bottom from their elbow. Myself and the large group I was with found the staff sarcastic, miserable (but at least they could return home that night), unhelpful and aggressive in manner and tone. Especially the older woman who should know better, as she terrified the children who were with us!

The twin room I stayed in was small (my bathroom at home is bigger and I live in a terraced house, not a mansion) Although the carpet did look fairly new, the room was dark, oppressive and smelly. The brown bedding was from the 70's, I doubted the cleanliness and chose to sleep in my clothes. The bathroom was like a bush tucker trial from I'm a celebrity...... It was very poorly lit, god help you if you are bigger than a small child, as you will struggle to navigate yourself from the loo to the sink. I would advise you to brush your teeth in the bedroom area as you could potentially swallow your toothbrush if you bang your elbow on the walls while aiming for the sink. I did venture into the shower area, but the pubic hairs stuck on the tiles, cold water, mould, smell, lack of energy from the shower head and the prospect of showering vurtually in the dark, persuaded me to have a baby wipe wash in the room.

The room was very hot, so I opened the cat flap sized window, only to smell cooking fat and fag smoke wafting from the back yard below. Nice!

Some parts of the hotel were acceptable if you have low standards, and the location to Blackpool centre does compensate for the smell of cheesy, fishy sweat which does go away after a few glasses of wine.

The breakfast was disgusting. Again we encountered the older woman who should know better, who was at least consistent, with her rude, grumpy, vexed manner. The cold toast was delivered to our table by children, a small boy and a girl, who also asked what we wanted for breakfast. The breakfast room was surprisingly busy, so when the waiter did arrive he was flustered, and gave us several more rounds of cold toast. I think the waiter also doubled as a comedian, as someone in our party asked for tomatoes with their breakfast, only to be told " it's the wrong day for tomatoes, and we don't do mushrooms or scrambled egg either". All of the breakfast had been deep fried until it was truly cremated so we chose a McDonald breakfast.

Please do not stay here. I don't know where the reviewers who praised the hotel were staying, or how much they have been paid to leave such feedback. No-one in my party enjoyed the stay, the hotel, the staff or the food, which was a real shame as the weekend away had been planned for sometime, and booked from the feedback left.

I do not expect 5 star, gold standard hotel service in Blacpool, but basic hygiene, safety and friendliness is a must if you are to run a family hotel. Overall, a total let down for us all! :(

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank martin s
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here for the first time with 3 other family members. The hotel is smart, clean and the has a lovely welcoming atmosphere. Julie the manager went out of her way to make sure we had a good time, always making us giggle. There was always someone on hand to help with local information on what to do where to go. The rooms were lovely and very clean ( I have stayed in the more expensive hotels and they haven't been this clean ). The chef was really nice and she always made sure the food was cooked how you liked it.
I am booked for next year and would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a clean and cheery place to stay in Blackpool. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: All the people I spoke to in the hotel said there rooms were lovely so can reccomend all.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We were a party of 8 dancers visiting Blackpool for the World Professional Ballroom championships in the Winter Gardens on Sunday afternoon which were wonderful.
Stayed Saturday and Sunday night and like other reviewers found the mattress springs very quickly! Breakfast was adequate with plenty of choices and served nicely. Bar area badly affected by large noisy TV. Free WiFi works ok. Tea and coffee making in room but bring your own milk.
3% charge on credit card a bit cheeky so used debit card and they are anxious for payment which is probably typical for Blackpool. At £57 per person for two nights Band B and free parking is good.
Rode the new tram up to Fleetwood and back which is a good way to see the seafront in mid November, danced on Saturday night at a church hall in Bispham and were made very welcomeand danced from 1100am until 3pm in the Tower Ballroom on the Monday. The High Tea they serve here is a real experience Otherwise there is nothing else to see/do in this town. La Fontana is a good Italian restaurant in the centre.

Room Tip: Check out room before paying.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My stay started badly with a very abrupt receptionist(Who did not appear again during our stay?) Food at times was poor including lumpy mash potatoes on the last night which was served with the roast beef!!? Bathroom was the smallest I have seen in travelling in the UK and europe for the last 30+ years!! Hard bed and poor lighting.The entertainment was not too bad and breakfast was better than the evening meals. Will not be going there again!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Good location, definitely a 'Blackpool' hotel but reasonable for it. Decoration dated and mattresses have springs - you can feel most of them.
Good breakfast (bring your onesie!), thin doors, noisy bar. Certainly not the worst place we've ever stayed in Blackpool.

• Stayed: November 2012