“Unlikely to find better value for money.”

The Beechfield Hotel
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Highly recommended hotel. Clean spacious building, car parking facilities. Easy walk to the promenade. Friendly staff. Single room was small but adequate, en suite and tea making facilities. Television and clean comfy bed. English breakfast was included and there was a wide variety of cereals, grapefruit, fruit drink and plenty of toast with a selection of jams. I could not have been better pleased. There was even a lift. I played my first game of pool ever, for a cost of 50p, I lost ! A well-stocked bar, with beer quite a bit cheaper than down south.Was able to connect my laptop to high speed internet for free. I was pleasantly surprised to get a first class hotel room for the price of a Youth Hostel bed in a shared room!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 September 2010

Stayed here with group of friends in July,In no hurry to go back.
The downstairs bar and dining room were nice but cant say much about the bedrooms.
We had a wardrobe that nearly fell over everytime we opened it. Double bed was ok but 2 single beds were about 2 feet wide.The room was grubby and smelly.
We had to laugh about sign in shower telling us to close shower curtain while using it,the curtain was about 4 inches from the floor so water went everywhere.RANCID.......................breakfast was nice though.
Pleased we were there for one night :(

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank kgwCountyDurham
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in August 2010. Staff are very friendly and will do anything they can to help you. Our double room was fine and had everthing we needed. Bathroom was good and although the water pressure in the showers was not excellent I understand this is somthing the hotel was aware of and to be honest it never bothered us! Breakfast was just what we needed in the morning. Bar prices were excellent compared to some of the other Hotels we have experienced. Parking outside too. In the center of town, you can't ask for more and was very well priced.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

rooms are reasonable for a night or 2, people are lovely

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This is the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel! On Thurs 2nd September I phoned the Beechfield Hotel at about midday, guided by excellent reviews on trip advisor, and booked a two night stay for 2nd and 3rd September. My husband and I travelled to Blackpool after work and arrived at the hotel at about 7.45 pm. We went to the front desk and paid £96 cash for the two nights accommodation. We were then given the key to room 3.
We were concerned that the room was smelly, scruffy and unpleasant however we were both tired and hungry so we unpacked and went out to eat, hoping it would seem better when we returned. During the meal I noticed 2 bites on my ankle which I believed to be flea bites – we then made the decision that we would not be staying in the hotel.

We returned to the hotel at 9.45 to pack and asked for a refund. The desk clerk (Tom) showed us another room but this was not much better, he said he was not authorised to give a refund and said he would have to speak to the manager (Julie). Following a telephone call he said that Julie had told him to give us our money back, minus £30.
The following morning I spoke to Julie at the hotel, she said that Tom should have phoned the owners not her, she didn’t know if she had done the right thing keeping the £30 and was going to speak to the owners who were due into the Beechfield that day for a meeting with her that day. Julie said the owners would telephone me later in the day – they didn’t.
The specific complaints I made to Julie were:
The bedding did not seem fresh.
The panel covering the ceiling light was full of debris.
The room was not very clean.
The dralon headboard had a large hole in it (about the size of my palm).
The basin pedestal had manufacturers stickers on which had been ‘customised’ by a previous guest making them offensive.
The window was insecure.
The biggest problem however was the smell, when I pointed this out Julie said it was a smoking room – this was the first time this was mentioned, there were no signs up and there had been no indication of any kind that the room was a smoking room, I would definitely not have booked it if I had known this.
Having unsuccessfully tried (again) to speak to the owners I sent an email, which was replied to by another employee, he said that the room had been inspected and they found nothing wrong with it!
My advice to anyone who decides to stay at this hotel is do not part with any money until you have checked your room and you are satisfied with it.
I have passed my concerns to trading standards as I belive that the hotel owners have acted unlawfully in keeping my £30.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bombah
Reviewed 5 September 2010

we have justt come back from a two night stay the staff are great very friendly and helpfull the downstairs area is spacious and clean the bar prices are very competative no rip off here the only downside was our room walls a bit thin and we we were in room 17 on the front which would have been nice if it wasnt for the window that wouldnt shut properly so instead of fix it they have put clear mastic and sealed it so it was just noise from the outside people smoking and taliking till the early hours the room itself was clean ish but tatty and dated stains on the celing tiles dirty wllpaper and some old what looks like second hand furnature that went out of date in the 70s the shower has bad pressure and goes from boiling to cold value for money at £70 per night b&b a bit much for the poor rooms bed creaked everytime you moved so no hanky panky lol thin matress i would stay again if they modernised the rooms but untill then no stayed better and cheaper in blackpool

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2010

from the very first phone call to the beechfield they were very polite and helpful, so friendly accomitate for all from young to the elderly and groups. very clean and a very warm welcome, could have stayed longer if we had more time.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family