“Good location.”

Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Middlesbrough Uk
“Good location.”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great location if you are visiting Blackpool football club for a game.The hotel itself is standard travelodge fare. The night we stayed the hotel was completely full due to a dance competition being held locally and a lot of the guests were families with youngsters, unfortunately some of the kids created a little bit of unwelcome early morning noise in the corridors, I understand that this is not easy for the hotel staff to control.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here with three colleagues as we were training in Blackpool. Staff are really friendly, the reception area is really nice. The hotel smells lovely.
Went into my room and was really pleasantly surprised. Rooms are clean and spacious. Plenty of room on the desk to put all of my cosmetics etc. only downside, no sockets by bed so couldn't charge my phone next to bed ( and use as an alarm clock) but two sockets by desk.
Bathroom small but functional. Paint was peeling on my bathroom ceiling ( and fell into my bubble bath) but nothing else wrong.
Was noisy on our last night due to a group of drunken girls running up and down the corridor at 3am! They were originally sitting on the sofa in reception when we arrived back from a night out at around 12.10am and were a bit leery then. But otherwise slept really well.
The beds are comfy and linens were okay.
Breakfast was okay. Plenty of choice for under £10.
We all said we would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the football club. The road is busy and noisy. The rooms on the other side...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here over christmas in 2013. As I entered the hotel I was welcomed by a wonderfully polite receptionist who gave me directions to my room.

Upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised at how modern and stylish my room is! I had heard the hotel had recently been refurbished but this surpassed all expectation. My room was a decent size, complimented by a small, but clean bathroom. The bedroom area had a nice desk for me to do work at, along with hot drink facilities and a long mirror. There was two plug sockets on the wall at the desk which were ideal for me to charge my technology, although a plug at the side of the bed would have been handy.

As an avid reader, the adjustable lights at each side of the bed made reading very easy at night, and when I'd finished reading the TV was on the wall opposite the bed. Overall, my bedroom was lovely, and the bed was even better than my own!

Now, the bathroom. Despite its small size, it was decent enough for me. The bath was a little small, but at 1.85m tall, most are. The shower had a good high pressure and didn't take long at all to warm up, and the temperature was easy to adjust to my liking. Everyday, there was an ample supply of fresh, clean towels, of which I would say are good quality.

If I have any complaints, it would be the noise outside, but it's to be expected on a main road in Blackpool, but apart from that, it was a great value stay at a great hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor is lovely and warm!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Very helpful staff.Room was very clean. Friendly cheerful staff. Reasonable priced food, large portions and good quality, tasty. Thank you to all the staff that made it an enjoyable stay. Won't let me tick excellent on service. Highly recommend this Travel lodge. We stay in Blackpool every January's. This has been the best of one we have stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

stayed here for new years eve arrived at 2.30pm lovely friendly staff on reception and vey helpful our rooms were ready and lovely and clean tea and coffee in room nice clean towels you can have a meal from 5pm which we did not use retuned back after great night out and the bar was still open at 1.30am and had delicious hot pizza,
had a brilliant night sleep in very comfortable bed and breakfast is available if you require it we didn't but friends did and said it was very nice.
have to pay for parking car but only £5 for 24 hours so not bad for secure parking

Room Tip: great place to stay
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Lake District
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here between Christmas and New Year. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The rooms were spotless and newly refurbished. Our stay couldn't have been better, especially for the price we paid.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A modern, clean and well-presented building next to the football club in an ideal location for most attractions in and around the Blackpool area. Top marks all round including staff including value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple