“Travelodge Blackpool South” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Derby, United Kingdom
“Travelodge Blackpool South”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

There has been a recent refurbishment of Travelodges and it shows. Our room, whilst definitely on the compact side was excellent.
The room was clean, well appointed and all the fixtures and fittings, clean, functional and in good order.
The whole hotel was clean and the staff were welcoming and friendly. Although we didn't use the restaurant, this too was clean, tidy and well appointed, offering a good range of food.
Whilst situated conveniently right across the street from the Pleasure Beach, noise from there was not a problem and car parking adjacent to the hotel was reasonably priced at £5 per day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed on 21st June with my partner. We first arrived at the Blackpool South Promenade by mistake. Glad we stayed at the South Shore, limited parking at the South Promenade hotel. We arrived at our hotel with plenty of parking spaces and reasonally priced parking.

Our room was clean and airy as the cleaners had left the windows. Comfy nights sleep after a night out to see Ken Webster Comedy Hypnotist (A must see!). Breakfast in the morning was yum!

All in all a great hotel with excellent staff! Will be coming back, thanks!

Accrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lovely hotel lovely staff very clean and everything you need for an overnight stay only gripe were the car parking charges should be free when staying at the hotel
Would recommend and would stay there again next time we are in blackpool

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My partner and I recently stayed at this travellodge for a mini break. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and friendliness of the staff! Upon entering the room, it was stuffy (but expected as it was the middle of June & the windows have a safety lock on them - which is understandable). Bed and pillows were very comfy and the room was very spacious - we also had a great view of the pleasure beach.

Rooms were cleaned and got fresh towels everyday. Hotel was in between the pleasure beach and the tower so we found the location perfect for us! Very friendly staff, nothing was ever too much bother which made us feel very welcome. Also has dinner in the travellodge the first night we arrived, not expecting very much but we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and it was decently priced too! You also have the option to have dinner in the restaurant or in your room - which we thought was great to be able to have the option. 10/10 stay and we're already looking into booking the same travellodge again!

Broxbourne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The room was unbearably hot, asked reception to change room or have a fan, they said couldn't offer either. They suggested closing the curtains - said I didn't want to sit in the dark! Also when we arrived curtains were closed and the room was stuffy. They said they were aware of how hot the rooms were. Windows only open 2 inches as security controlled.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank AOH61
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Blackpool South Shore, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We are very sorry to learn that your room was too hot AOH61. Unfortunately not all of our hotels have air conditioning, however we do have a number of fans available from reception on a first come, first serve basis and we are looking to increase the number of fans available shortly. Thank you for staying with us and we assure you that all customer feedback is provided to the hotel directly which helps improve the service they offer.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed for one night between Thursday/Friday 19th-20th June 2014. I was travelling alone and used the hotel to break up a long journey from Scotland to the South of England. I hadn't planned to stay at this particular hotel, instead decided to come off the M6 as I was starting to feel tired. I drove into Blackpool observing the establishment from the roadway and choosing to stay as I know and trust the brand.

The welcome was professional and friendly, and my room was clean and very comfortable. I booked my room as a walk in and the staff could not have been any more accommodating and professional.

Upon entering my room I found a modern, freshly decorated and airy room. The room had recently been updated to reflect the latest Travelodge brand standards. And I must say the quality is very good, representing excellent value for money.

I had a terrific sleep, the bed was very comfortable and fresh. The room temperature perfect and I heard no noise whatsoever. In the morning I found the shower to be hot and very powerful, ensuring I left refreshed and well rested.

I used the bar facilities during the evening, and must commend the very friendly staff especially Adam who was on night shift duty. Adam kept the bar open for me well into the early hours and provided a friendly atmosphere normally only found in more exclusive hotels.

He was very professional and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Adam was happy to keep me company and served me with drinks in between doing all his other jobs and attending to guests. He was an absolute credit and an asset to your organisation.

He provided a very positive image of not only the hotel and Travelodge, but of Blackpool as a destination. His local knowledge was impeccable as was his willingness to help me book onward accommodation.

I will definitely be returning again and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel to family or friends!

Top marks all round!

Room Tip: This hotel represented everything that is important to me when staying away from home. Modern, fresh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Russell M
Antrim, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stay in Travelodge frequently but this one "South Shore Blackpool" was my worst experience. I stayed with my family for 3 nights. The noise levels at night were dreadful with people shouting and signing at the tables outside Reception. The Staff should have moved them on.
I was unable to get a hairdryer throught my stay even though I requested one several times.
In the main the staff were polite and friendly. The rooms and beds are really comfortable, however, the room was really hot and the only way to cool it was by opening windows. The noise levels at night prevented us from doing this.
The hotel was clean when we arrived but it was busy and by the evening the floors and stairs were dirty. The car part was litter strewn throughout our stay.
It is a good location, about a 5 minute walk out to the prom and from there close to central pier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family