“Car Parking charges” 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelodge Blackpool South Shore
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Car Parking charges”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed at this travelodge for one night to break up our journey from Scotland down to North Wales. At first sight we thought it looked great but having to pay to park our car overnight in my opinion is disgraceful. I believe the car park is not actually owned by the hotel.
The hotel staff were friendly enough but we were a bit disappointed with the room which was a bit tired looking. Especially the bathroom. However the bed was very comfortable and as we were only staying overnight the room was acceptable.
We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant but I was quite disappointed with the choice of food available. I say "available" as my first and second choice were "unavailable". I was told by the staff that these two dishes had "ran out" so I had to settle for something else as we were tired after our trip and just wanted to have something to eat and rest. Also I would point out that if you wish to eat breakfast this will cost you an extra £7.60 pp if booking on a "room only" basis.
I suppose you get what you pay for but in comparison to a Holiday Inn I would say that this hotel is disappointing,

Room Tip: Avoid fourth floor rooms facing car park
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Were do I start, room was dirty, bath was dirty, bedbase was broken, we had to sleep in it the first night, only one side of the double socket was working. No sockets next to the bed No air conditioning, room was far to warm, food was basic n over cooked, this hotel is only suitable for families as kids eat free. Bar prices were shocking defo won't be back to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jakki O
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked our break here 10 months in advance, so got a room for 4 of us, (2 adults, a 1 year old and a 2 year old) including all we can eat breakfast for £46 on a Saturday night!
What a bargain.

Honestly, other than being a bit too hot, travelodge have hit the nail on the head with this.... If all travelodges could be like this one then i wouldnt even consider staying anywhere else!

What did we get?
a spacious family room, (as well as the king size bed, 2 child beds AND a cot (that they provided in clean and excellent condition mama's and papa's cot, exactly the same as the one i have at home, so i know its a good quality one) we had loads of space for 2 pushchairs, all our luggage and for my baby to crawl about and toddler to play. Not at all cramped, i couldnt believe how large our room was

the beds were clean and comfy with lovely crisp white bed linen.
there was liquid soap and shower gel supplied in the bathroom. (yes the bath was small travelodge size but fine for bathing the kids!)
The bathroom was IMMACULTE. not even any hint of mould on the bath sealant, hot water was plentiful and the shower was powerful.
4 large soft white bath towels provided and bath mat!
There was a flat screeen TV with the normal channels
Tea and coffee etc
and 30mins free wifi (used this on both phones and our tablet)
plentyful carparking (£10 for 24 hours)

As mentioned previously the room was rather hot, and this was on a day when it was not a "boiling hot summer day" and for obviouse safety reasons the window could only open a few cm's

The curtains were not very dark but i always take my own travel black out blind so that wasnt an issue for us

The breakfast was great.... exactly as advertised.. all the big brands of everything (nutella, marmite, kelloggs, twinings, muller etc etc) and help yourself to all you can eat.
we will book this in advance again (its great that kids eat free!)
There were 2 highchairs for my girls which was good and they could be used with a tray OR sat up at the table. The hotel was full but there was no queue or anything for breakfast and everything was kept topped up

The staff were so friendly and helpful and a credit to travelodge.
The whole place was clean and modern
There were 2 lifts.
It felt extra secure because only people with room keys could even get through the doors to gain access to the coridoors

We wanted a bargain weekend away and thats what we got, used tesco vouchers for free days out at the zoo, sealife centre and pizza express, and had an amazing quality family weekend away. Its just a short 5mins walk from the seafront, and we also had fun on the beach and on the pier

Will I return? Yes, absolutely! We plan to come back to see the Blackpool lights in 2015 and i will book 11months in advance again for another bargain deal, i hope!
Having stayed here it wouldnt cross my mind to even look at anywhere else

Room Tip: If travelling in the summer months ask for a room as low as possible as heat rises and its a very ve...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend just came back from there as we went to Blackpool for a few days away! We went to this hotel as I've stayed here back in April and it was fantastic! Rooms basic but it's only somewhere to sleep so doesn't need to be anything too exciting, food was great - very reasonably priced as well, service is excellent they are always on hand to help, 2 of the staff joe and Katie were in particularly fantastic as they were very friendly and made us feel very welcome, they always took their time in making sure we were fine and had everything we needed! Overall we had a great time and we will be returning!

• Stayed July 2014
Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

When planning a weekend in Blackpool with my young children (4 years & 19 weeks) I did not want to risk staying in a B&B! So I booked this Travelodge as I knew exactly what I would be getting. I booked online and it was £66 a room and I also booked breakfast and received an online discount of £1 per adult. 2 children could eat free for the price of 1 paying adult.

Check in (on the Friday) was really fast and the member of staff on duty was helpful.

The car park was directly outside and cost £5 for 24 hours! Bargain!

The room although very basic was spacious and efficient for our needs.

Breakfast was served between 8-11am. We did not have to. Wait for a table. It was a buffet breakfast with as much as you could eat. There was bacon, sausage, beans and scrambled egg, toast, yogurt, cereal, croissants and some tinned fruit. To drink was tea, coffee, water, apple and orange juice.

There were 3 bath towels in the room and we borrowed an iron from reception.

This hotel was directly opposite Blackpool FC Hotel and was a 10 minute walk to the promenade and all the attractions.

The only problem I had was that with bottle feeding my son there was no use of a microwave to customers. As a result of this I could not sterilise any of his bottles during my stay. I don't know what you would use to warm food up for babies? If one was available then it would have been a 5 from me as it would have catered for my whole family needs during our stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly H
Scunthorpe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent friendly staff, quick and efficient, clean rooms, value for money. Will use again. Must say in comparison to previous stays in blackpool this hotel was better, but farther from the prom. :) :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank 257SharonH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and daughter for four nights. Typical
Travelodge, basic but clean room & bathroom. Rooms
Serviced every day and if you
Leave your towels in the bath you will get fresh replacements. Good base for all the attractions. Parking £5 per day. Menu reasonably
Priced as well. Would return if ever back in blackpool.

Stayed July 2014