“lovely travelodge”

Travelodge Blackpool South Shore
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 22 August 2014

arrived for a two night stay, check in easy, only issue was that i booked a family room and when we got to our room it was only made up for two people, a quick call to reception and they sent someone straight up to make the two single beds.
room very clean, breakfast brilliant lots of choice.
would stay again

2  Thank Cat M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I flew over to England from Ireland and with the way flights are these days with automatic check in's and only being able to print your boarding passes up to 36hrs before departure I was unable to print our boarding passes for our flight back home again until during our stay in the Hotel.
Every hotel I have ever stayed at in the past including other Travelodge's have always been very understanding and helpful in this respect but Blackpool South Shore staff point blank refused saying they were not allowed.
This basically caused me a lot of unnecessary concern and worry, concern and worry that I could have been spared with just two minutes of a member of Travelodge team time and two sheets of paper.
I think it a terrible attitude from Travelodge and it's staff towards their guests, I think spending two night's in your hotel and eating and drinking whilst there deserve better and shows absolutely no regard towards your guests.
Consequently the morning we were to depart instead of being able to come down and enjoy breakfast before making our way to the airport I had to leave my 9yr old Son in our room on his own whilst I went searching around Blackpool for a Library in order to get our boarding passes printed, which almost resulted in us missing the trains we needed to get to Manchester airport on time for our flight home.
There were other incidents of dissatisfaction during our stay at this Travelodge such as a poor selection/vareity at breakfast, food supposedly being available 24/7 yet when we looked for food at 9.50pm were told "Sorry no the kitchen is closed" and paying for 24hrs Wi-Fi and only being able to actually access it 3 times in that period but just this one incident with regards the boarding passes on its own was enough to sour the end of our holiday, cause lots of needless stress and difficulties for us and leave me in a position that Staying at a Travelodge again is not an option!

1  Thank Lostboyjason
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had a pleasant stay with an overnight theatre trip for myself and 3 daughters, I would like to say a big thankyou to Joe in the bar/cafe he is a lovely gentleman and made our stay most enjoyable and taking the time to make us feel very welcome he is a credit to travelodge

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Decent hotel, clean and comfortable. Lovely friendly, helpful staff. Bathroom was a little cramped but the room was big although very sparse. You get what you pay for I suppose although this was pretty pricey at £70 a night for a family room without breakfast which was another £15 on top. Parking outside was a fiver for the day. We arrived at 5.50pm and were late back the next day (6.45pm) but luckily didn't get clamped, although it can happen. Breakfast a little suspect and not a patch on a prem inn breakfast. Our eldest boy was most put out there were no hash browns on offer! This hotel would be ideal for the footy if you are an away fan as Blackpool FC is just opposite this hotel. Easy to get to and away from by car. The main drag is a 5 minute walk where you can catch a tram every 15 minutes which will take you everywhere you need to get to be it the fair, tower, pubs, whatever. It's been a long time since the wife and I have been to Blackpool (stag or hen doos) and thought as the kids like trams and amusements etc they'd enjoy it as an end to our little 4 day road trip. My lord how things have changed! I cant remember it being this bad. I don't want to offend anyone from Blackpool but I wasn't impressed. Everywhere looked like it needed a good clean! From bus shelters or tram shelters to shop fronts and streets. It just looked dirty and run down. Loads of hotels out of business and the buildings in disrepair, signs hanging off etc. We took the boys to the south pier and even they weren't impressed. There was rust everywhere, it was dirty, the wood was rotting and in places it was broken and dangerous. On a brighter note we also booked tickets for the circus at the tower which was fabulous. A 2 hour show which our boys (7 and 4) loved, it made their day. That said even the tower itself inside was shabby and in need of restoration desperately. Also a little naughty of the advertising of prices, when we got to the front of the queue and I queried the price for 4 of us we were told that they were off peak (season) prices. This was not mentioned anywhere on the signage. Just before leaving we ate at Pizza hut (just along from the tower) really good value fro a family. This was after we had a lucky escape from Bella Italia where we passed a lady coming out that was saying to her partner it was the worst meal she had ever had! Obviously we made an abrupt about turn and headed for pizza hut. All in all a decent hotel but Blackpool itself needs a bit of a revamp. Defo wouldn't take the kids here again.

Room Tip: opposite side of the car park will be quieter

Parking is £5 but on site
Fast check inn
Rooms in the new travelodge decor so all nice and fresh
For a Blackpool hotel it was quiet at night
About 25mins walk to main bars of ten north shore area -taxi £6

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Clean, Basic, Cheap, whilst not the Savoy, it's everything you can expect for a room that sleeps three at £62 per night. Location is good, ok so you can hear people coming and going all the time, but I have stayed at travelodges in much quieter locations and the same is always true. If you want / need to go to the hovel that is Blackpool and don't want to do the guesthouse gamble, it is perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sdb198
Reviewed 18 August 2014

spotless rooms, great location, great staff, great value what more could you want, been coming here year after year. Okay blackpool is full of idiots and drunks some weekends, dont blame it on the staff who sort out these idiots and get abuse for it. Look at what you get for your money and how friendly the staff are. Gone upmarket now too, new look to hotel rooms. makes a big difference. I have to say now definately one up over premier inn. If you complain about this place, get a grip and look at your other options!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple