We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in ln June 2013. To start, Pat was great and her breakfasts were superb. This place is up for sale and having stayed there we can see why no one was interested in purchasing it. Wilf had a bit of an attitude at times and twice he ignored us in passing and we found this very rude. We took lots of photographs to back up our review.
We had three different rooms in our 4 night stay for the following reasons..........
Freeview TV not working despite Wilf fiddling with the switches and buttons. He hadn't a clue what he was doing and eventually he gave up on this.
There was blackmold in the shower cubicle and the room was fustey and dank.
The window was filthy dirty.
Wilf moved us to Room 8.
Again the TV was not working properly (he eventually sent for a TV engineer who said to us it was a signal fault and the TV's in this part of Blackpool generally have signal and reception problems.)
The handle on the dirty window was loose and ready for falling off.
The shower head was faulty and as such you could not get a proper shower.
There was no bedside light on one side of the bed so one person could not read without having the main roof lights on.
The tooth brush holder in the bathroom was olde, loose from the wall and broken.
Double adapters were used the room due to the lack of power points and these obviously were not covered by the compulsary pat testing.
The floor carpet was old and grubby and the floor had a dip in the middle and it creaked loudly
Again the room was fusty.
The toilet seat was old and not fitted properly to the pan.
The bathroom mirror was blistered.
The towel rail was loose.
The hair dryer was wired over the bed and there was no mirror so it could not be used.
The light over the bathroom mirror was operated with a scruffy piece of string which had no knob.
The bathroom extractor fan was clogged up with dirt and filth.
We were moved to room 6 (Their best room)
Extractor fan was again filthy.
Toilet roll holder loose on wall.
Again no reading light on one side of bed.
Kettle lead was not long enough to reach a plug from the table so it had to be stood on the floor to be plugged in. (Dangerous|)
Again double adapters used due to lack of plugs.
3 plugs in one adapter was dangerously over loading the socket.
Black mould in shower and door broken causing bathroom floor to flood.
The three nights we had this room it was not hoovered at all although the tea and coffee etc were replaced and the beds made.
When the bathroom door was opened it hit the bathroom lamp shade.
Mirror in bathroom was at chest height so it was awkward to use for shaving without squatting.
As I said we were told that the hotel had been up for sale for a considerable time and it was obvious Wilf was lacking interest.
Generally the place was in dire need of a lot of TLC and the use of a paintbrush and some proper maintainance and cleaning.
My advice AVOID.
Sorry Pat about the review but your personality and cooking were exceptional. Well done to you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Granville Hotel - Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.